PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

kschang
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Would be interesting if we create sorta meta-index of known scammers and add updates to it as we found them, like was in scam X, associated with Y, etc. etc.

scratchycat
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Would be interesting if we create sorta meta-index of known scammers and add updates to it as we found them, like was in scam X, associated with Y, etc. etc.

Sounds like a great idea to me but Admins will be the ones to answer you. However, you can just start a thread on it and go from there. IMO

Soapboxmom
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Kasey,

You are welcome to give it a shot and another Admin or I can move it to an appropriate spot.

laidback
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Probably need to spell out fairly specifically the "qualifications" for inclusion in the list.

path2prosperity
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
That could cause problems for people with similar names to known scammers. Eagle accidently called me pathway2prosperity in a thread in this forum. He and almost everybody here knows that I am path2prosperity and that my domain has nothing to do with Nickers Smirnow and pathway2prosperity, so I did not make a song and dance about a typo. However a simple mistake like that, could cause real problems for somebody if it got picked up by a search engine.

If anybody here believed I was an associate of Smirnow or that I had been a member the of pathway2prosperity scam, they would have had my guts to make their garters or produced some evidence to show that it was true, a long time ago. I can defend myself when I am speaking to people but I have no idea how to argue with robots.

laidback
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
That could cause problems for people with similar names to known scammers. Eagle accidently called me pathway2prosperity in a thread in this forum. He and almost everybody here knows that I am path2prosperity and that my domain has nothing to do with Nickers Smirnow and pathway2prosperity, so I did not make a song and dance about a typo. However a simple mistake like that, could cause real problems for somebody if it got picked up by a search engine.

If anybody here believed I was an associate of Smirnow or that I had been a member the of pathway2prosperity scam, they would have had my guts to make their garters or produced some evidence to show that it was true, a long time ago. I can defend myself when I am speaking to people but I have no idea how to argue with robots.
You...have...to...talk...slow...and...jerky...! A lot like arguing with MMB, and about as fruitful...!;-)

path2prosperity
06-02-2012, 02:02 AM
You...have...to...talk...slow...and...jerky...! A lot like arguing with MMB, and about as fruitful...!;-)

Thanks for the advice "laidback." If a member of Interpol knocks on my door to see if Smirnow is hiding in a closet, I will keep you all informed!