PDA

View Full Version : Is there any real genuine MLM opportunities online

margotsmile
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I've been looking at a lot of post posted at realscam and so far unless I've really missed them, there is no talk of genuine opportunities. I am a single parent struggling to make ends meet, and without losing valuable cash. I would like to create a long term second income stream. I'm not expecting to earn thousands or millions a month but a extra few $ would come in handy.

So my question is: Is there any real MLM/network marketing genuine opportunities online that really work for average Joe and not just the people on top?

ProfHenryHiggins
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Well, this is a website that discusses the frauds and fakes, not the successes after all, Margot.
But outside of a company like Avon or Tupperware with a long-established brand and large product line, I doubt you will find even that few extra dollars, and even with them it's going to be a lot of work. Not an easy route to extra income.

path2prosperity
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I've been looking at a lot of post posted at realscam and so far unless I've really missed them, there is no talk of genuine opportunities. I am a single parent struggling to make ends meet, and without losing valuable cash. I would like to create a long term second income stream. I'm not expecting to earn thousands or millions a month but a extra few $ would come in handy.

So my question is: Is there any real MLM/network marketing genuine opportunities online that really work for average Joe and not just the people on top?

Yes there are "margotsmile." If you understand the meaning of Internet Marketing and do some marketing which is nothing like the "Internet Marketing" prescribed by "Internet Marketers" like CoryRudl, Ken Russo, Kathleen VanBeenkom and Jon Olson, whose methods have been discussed in this forum .

SBM has suggested a product for which there may be a market in your area. She wondered if it was worth producing some "Do Not Mess With Soapboxmum" stickers for sale. A marketer in US could walk up and down his or her local High Street and find out if local business people would be interested in advertising a good consumer advocacy service. If they would you could find out how much locals would be prepared to pay for the sticker.

If you think that you could sell the stickers in US, I may be able to test the market in UK during November. You can sell almost anything for £2 to crowds who gather at Twickenham for the International rugby matches and there are three or four this November. If I found a British printer who could produce some SBM stickers at a reasonable cost and earn £1 a sticker I would be prepared to test the market for the product in UK.

It is hard work selling to boozy crowds who line the streets before and after big rugby matches but the punters have the cash to spend and £1 profit per item is a fair deal fot the sales person. It is worth a try.

We Brits do not like admitting that the best is not always British, so it could be a bit of fun trying to introduce an American as a fun and efficient front line worker in consumer advocacy. Is there a is a market for "Do Not Mess With SBM" stickers?

path2prosperity
05-30-2012, 12:20 AM
There is always a market for cartoons. If you spoke to your local graphic artists, I am sure you could find somebody who could design a great product. How about some "Knickers from Boggy Boy" cartoons or "Knickers to Nickers Smirnow" laughs!

littleroundman
05-30-2012, 02:25 AM
I've been looking at a lot of post posted at realscam and so far unless I've really missed them, there is no talk of genuine opportunities.

That's a giant question with too many variables to be able to provide a single definitive answer, margot.

Mathematically, MLM, in any form does NOT provide the "opportunity" most MLM recruiters would have you believe.

Without going into excruciating detail, which could provide fodder for a large number of PhD studies, IM(very)HO, the "10% rule of thumb" is well suited to Multi Level Marketing.

The "rule" ( and it's a very general rule) says

"ANYTHING will work for around 10% of the people who try it, around 10% of the time,

Your job as a marketer is to find that 10% and use them to convince the other 90% your product will work"

As an example: statistically, around 90% of people who enroll in weight loss programs will weigh the same or more when tested 12 months after beginning the program/diet.

IOW, 10% of people will have lost weight and maintained the loss after 12 months.

The job of the weight loss industry is to find the 10% of those who lost weight and use their testimonials to give the illusion their particular system/diet works.

When you see the TV ads for weight loss programs or attend a MLM introduction session, the presenters are not "lying" per se.

You CAN make lots of money or lose weight.

BUT

Statistically around 9 out of every 10 of those that try, WON'T, for whatever reason.

We don't have to get into discussing the ins and outs of MLM vs retail or weight loss method #1 vs method #2 and/or the hype which goes along with many MLM opportunities / commercial weight loss programs

Around 90% of people will not "succeed" (by the general definition of "success") AND they will pay for the learning experience.

It is what it is.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
05-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Margot, as a general rule of thumb, IMO, working from home means buying or selling a product or service that has real value, or working for someone that does. Whilst some MLMs do sell real products and services, LRM has already commented that the failure rate is very high, because of the way MLM is structured not because the individual is lackiing and is not for most people. What MLMs do specialize in is motivational arguments to persuade people that they might be one of the few, but it is a marketing ploy that comes very close to deceptive advertising and does not represent reality for the majority.

The same applies to the "Internet Marketing Opportunities" advertised on the web which do not, again in my opinion, have anything to do with real business and are mostly smoke and mirrors.

I cannot guarantee the legitimacy of all of the suggestions on the following web sites, but they do appear to show a more realistic list of the kind of work that one could do from home to earn some money - and as you will see, they have little or nothing to do with "internet marketing"

Legitimate Work From Home Jobs - 10 Genuine Job Opportunities (http://singleparents.about.com/od/careerhelp/a/work_from_home_2.htm)

10 Best (and Real) Work-at-Home Jobs - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_107428.html)

Complete Directory of Legitimate Work at Home Jobs! (http://www.workathomedesk.com/work-at-home-directory.htm)

And you can add to that the sale of home crafted or other articles through online selling sites, like ebay etc etc

What it wont be called is "internet marketing" lol

Cynical? Maybe. Truthful, based on bitter experience? Yes

path2prosperity
05-30-2012, 05:28 AM
That's a giant question with too many variables to be able to provide a single definitive answer, margot.

Mathematically, MLM, in any form does NOT provide the "opportunity" most MLM recruiters would have you believe.

Without going into excruciating detail, which could provide fodder for a large number of PhD studies, IM(very)HO, the "10% rule of thumb" is well suited to Multi Level Marketing.

Your job as a marketer is to find that 10% and use them to convince the other 90% your product will work.

If I can make £1 a sticker selling "Don't Mess With "Soapbox Mum" stickers, I would give British members some of my commission to build a network of sales staff under me and find out if it is more profitable to sell them myself or build a downline.

Could there be a market for Don't meass with SBM graphics in Spain?

Lil Ol' Radical Me
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
If I can make £1 a sticker selling "Don't Mess With "Soapbox Mum" stickers, I would give British members some of my commission to build a network of sales staff under me and find out if it is more profitable to sell them myself or build a downline.

Could there be a market for them in Spain?

I wish! lol

path2prosperity
05-30-2012, 05:39 AM
I wish! lol

I really admire your writing style in these forums. Well done you girl.

kanders5
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM

I have a great MLM, that is paying real money and is not set up for just the few who are in at the beginning. There really is nothing you have to sale, but instead save your clients some money for something they are already paying a high price for.... sound interesting?, well get back to me and I'm more than happy to work with u

EagleOne
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
kanders5:

You've got the MLM come-on pitch down great. I love how a MLM'er can never tell you what the "great business opportunity" they are involved in on a blog. You have to contact them privately.
So if it is this great program, why can't you tell what it is here?

So without knowing what your "great opportunity" is, I am guessing it has something to do with saving on your phone, electricity and other utility bills. Probably ACN, or a program like it.

How did I do?

path2prosperity
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
kanders5:

You've got the MLM come-on pitch down great. I love how a MLM'er can never tell you what the "great business opportunity" they are involved in on a blog. You have to contact them privately.
So if it is this great program, why can't you tell what it is here?

So without knowing what your "great opportunity" is, I am guessing it has something to do with saving on your phone, electricity and other utility bills. Probably ACN, or a program like it.

How did I do?

If he had a great opportunity, why would he want to discuss it with a stranger?

Somebody with a great opportunity would probably have to pay an employment agent or head hunter a substantial fee to find them somebody with sufficient business acumen and expertise and recruit a shortlist of possibles for the person with the opportunity to take his or her pick of the bunch.