PDA

View Full Version : Are there real, genuine opportunities online or are they all scams?

margotsmile
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I've been looking at a lot of post posted at realscam and so far unless I've really missed them, there is no talk of genuine opportunities. I am a single parent struggling to make ends meet, and without losing valuable cash. I would like to create a long term second income stream. I'm not expecting to earn thousands or millions a month but a extra few $ would come in handy.

So my question is: Is there any real genuine opportunities online?

kschang
05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
There are virtually none, at least none that will do "make money fast". That's a myth.

With that said, if you have some good how-tos to share (laundry shortcuts, easy ways to amuse your kids without spending $$$, recipes, etc.) you can try publishing them on Hubpages or similar websites and see if you can earn any ad revenue that way. It'll take some time, but it is really 'passive' income (once you publish the article, it continues to earn a little money every month) and over time it'll add up.

MLMs *can* be legitimate, but IMHO most are doing it wrong. ANY program that promises "easy to start, make lots of $$$" is likely to be bogus.

scratchycat
05-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I've been looking at a lot of post posted at realscam and so far unless I've really missed them, there is no talk of genuine opportunities. I am a single parent struggling to make ends meet, and without losing valuable cash. I would like to create a long term second income stream. I'm not expecting to earn thousands or millions a month but a extra few $ would come in handy.

None. That is why so many people just like yourself fall for the obvious scams. Not get rich, just enough to get by on. The sad thing is, there are none. You can get on with a company, just say for instance "Avon" (which is a MLM) but if you are not really careful, you will spend more than you make. Some people get in the candle, soap, and scents business. Look for some product that is one you are interested in and see if you want to become a distributor. Do the research and don't be led by some pushy sales person. If you get one of those -RUN!

Some on here may tell you of things you can do, but please don't get involved with the pyramids, ponzis, and hyped up scam programs.

mars123
01-30-2013, 01:49 AM
There are real ways to earn through online.I work from home as a reseller with Goresellers.com (http://www.goresellers.com/).You can earn a decent amount through the reselling business as it is you who fix the price for the services and you don't have any means to get scammed.You get paid for what you work.

Nourjan
01-30-2013, 03:45 AM
As someone who does earn my full income online(legally, I might add),I would say this:

There is no such thing as a "passive income" or "residual income".Real online work is (hard)work.There is no such thing easy money or short cuts. It takes talent, lots of hard work and a good smattering of luck to get pass the break even point.At that,the payout is usually lower than their "real world" counterparts.The only reason I managed to do this is because of a few specific reasons uniquely applicable to myself .

Ergo, don't expect to replace your day job any time soon(or even ever).Having said that,there are plentiful ways of earning some small extra income online ,though.

path2prosperity
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
As someone who does earn my full income online(legally, I might add),I would say this:

There is no such thing as a "passive income" or "residual income".Real online work is (hard)work.

I agree with you on this Norjan. My main marketing is done off line but I have built up enought trust with local business people for them to take notice of my web sites. I have not done much to promote my own web sites for almost five years but I have got the message about one ponzi advertising board to no 3 on Google.

WealthBoy
02-02-2013, 09:25 AM
If you are not a risk taker and is afraid to lose some money, then you should not look for one lol...

path2prosperity
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM

You need to find opportunities off line before you look online. Try selling something to traders in your local High Street. Negotiate affiliate deals with traders in your own town City or Country first.

The industrial chemist who formulated Milliput (http://www.milliput.com/) built a very successful business with his son who will negotiate affiliate deals on a person to person basis. It is a fantastic product and you can cary enough in your handbag to walk into any shop in your area to see if they will stock it.

kschang
02-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Would a *real* opportunity be offered to total strangers over the net, instead of to friends and family and so on and so forth?

Mundorf
02-06-2013, 11:48 AM
To make money on the net is nowdays almost impossible.To be part of any company and sell their products or services you would need a huge list of subscribers who are willing to follow your offers with great interest.The problem is - more and more people trying the same thing,whole army out there is offering similar products and services so even a huge list does not put you in front of others.Even more difficult if possible at all,is to be part of a MLM company as they usually offer all the same products - so the only GOOD way to earn online is to have YOUR OWN product or service that is quite original and unique and then use internet for advertising and sales promotion...and...for receiving the money from your customers...all other options are - scams or are simply not working

Mundorf
02-06-2013, 12:03 PM
You need to find opportunities off line before you look online. Try selling something to traders in your local High Street. Negotiate affiliate deals with traders in your own town City or Country first.

The industrial chemist who formulated Milliput (http://www.milliput.com/) built a very successful business with his son who will negotiate affiliate deals on a person to person basis. It is a fantastic product and you can cary enough in your handbag to walk into any shop in your area to see if they will stock it.

So true.A good friend of mine bought a ship,boat then built a small restaurant on it with a local band playing the local music - all local specialities (Malorca).Then he made a website with great pictures and text .1000s reserved places on the boat and he sold whole summer in winter months...now he has 3 boats already

kynagrace
02-20-2013, 02:29 AM
No.... there are genuine opportunities in the world of SEO, online marketing. They are not at all related with scam. I am a free lancer from last few years and working for many clients all over the world. Sometimes, they also feel that it is a scam and I am a fake but thanks to virtual offices that I hire on rent. I meet my clients over there to prove my genuineness and like this, my home business is running successfully.