PDA

View Full Version : Received a Call From An Oregon Number

Nancetta
05-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I received a call from an 'Oregon' number the other day...Wasn't home so couldn't answer...they did not leave a message. They called again...I picked up and got this recording - "Please don't hang up. There has been a burglary in your area. Don't be alarmed. (May have said something after this but can't recall). Then they said this - "A friend or family member referred you to us..."

That is when I deleted the message. I wish now I had kept the number because a friend of mine who only has a cell phone asked me if Oregon was in the States (She is not from North America). I told her it was probably the same scammer who called me and left a message. Either it was from an alarm company or a scam operation out of a boiler room. I just wish I had kept the number.

Has anyone else had a call like this?

I am highly suspect because I don't live in Oregon, there has been no 'burglaries' in this area, no friend/family member would recommend me without FIRST telling me...and how did they get my number? I mean puhlease...:duh:

FYI: Just because it displayed as an 'Oregon' number does not mean that it originated from there. I saw a scam on telly the other day where people were scammed by what they thought to be collection agencies in the states...Although the phone numbers showed as being from the states it turns out the scam operation was actually based in India. Those people scammed over $5 million...