PDA

View Full Version : MLM-thetruth.com Consumer Protection Awards

Soapboxmom
02-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Our very dear colleague and friend and champion to all those harmed by MLM, Dr. Jon Taylor, published his Consumer Protection Awards today:

In the list of honorees we find:

Heather Dobrott, whose blogs under the pseudonym “Soapboxmom” incessantly and fearlessly to counter the BS in blogs by MLM promoters and defenders.

There are not words sufficient to say how honored and completely humbled I am. Dr. Taylor and I have a very special connection. We are the only two consumer advocates on the entire planet to have been sued by Timothy Spencer Darnell of Advantage Conferences fame. A quite dubious honor we share. How did that turn out you ask? Well, Darnell through his pyramid scheme entity, Advantage Conferences, filed against the Better Business Bureau of Dallas and Dr. Jon Taylor. The BBB soundly kicked his rear in Summary Judgment and Darnell was forced to drop his suit against Dr. Taylor as he had no hope whatsoever of prevailing. He succeeded in getting Advantage Conferences adjudicated to be a pyramid scheme in that landmark case.

Apparently, still as clueless as ever and not having learned his lesson, the scammer boy decided to file against me personally. Once again he was completely trounced in Summary Judgment. For those that would like the Cliff Notes version I will direct you to the Harvard Law site:

Darnell v. Dobrott | Citizen Media Law Project (http://www.citmedialaw.org/threats/darnell-v-dobrott)

Scammers with even half of a brain will avoid getting tangled up in litigation at all costs. One's opponent can often get everything but their used toilet paper (read financial records,tax records and so much more), which makes it really challenging to keep the recruits drinking the Kool-aid!

My deepest thanks to Dr. Taylor and all those who speak out every day to warn and inform the public!

Soapboxmom