PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones of the Monkees Passed Away Today

Soapboxmom
02-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at 66 (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-29/obit-monkees-singer-davy-jones/53304196/1)

I grew up adoring the Monkees. I actually have a degree in Music and I can say those simple bubble gum pop tunes were classic gold. Who doesn't have those tunes permanently etched in their minds with fond memories of the playful young people who performed them?

Rest in peace, Davy!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJNw-T3gpo&feature=share

Who can forget Daydream Believer?

Eddie Haskell
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I grew up that era also SBM. Everybody wanted a 65 Mustang or Pontiac GTO. I remember the era well. The Monkeys, Beatles ect... I never make it to hippie fame but to this day I still love the music and muscle cars from that time. Simple times compared to now. Sad to hear about Davy passing. He will forever remind me of a time in my life. I had a Honda 350 and thought I was hot stuff. lol At the time is was a pretty big motorcycle. My, how times have changed.

laidback
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I grew up that era also SBM. Everybody wanted a 65 Mustang or Pontiac GTO. I remember the era well. The Monkeys, Beatles ect... I never make it to hippie fame but to this day I still love the music and muscle cars from that time. Simple times compared to now. Sad to hear about Davy passing. He will forever remind me of a time in my life. I had a Honda 350 and thought I was hot stuff. lol At the time is was a pretty big motorcycle. My, how times have changed.
LOL, now you are in my wheelhouse, Eddie. I have owned 64 and 65 'Stangs as well as a 67 Ranchero that was outfitted with a 289 HP. Sure wish I had them now! On the bike front I had a CB350, CB500, and a Suzuki X6 Hustler. Ahhh the memories...!

Eddie Haskell
03-04-2012, 01:37 AM
LOL, now you are in my wheelhouse, Eddie. I have owned 64 and 65 'Stangs as well as a 67 Ranchero that was outfitted with a 289 HP. Sure wish I had them now! On the bike front I had a CB350, CB500, and a Suzuki X6 Hustler. Ahhh the memories...!

laidback, if you could get the back the 64 and 65 Stangs they would be worth a mint. Im with you on the CB350 back in the day and remember the Cb500 also. I had to look up the Suzi G Hustler. My old memory failed me on that one. ..

Ahh, good times. What fools some of us were. I did have a 67 Stang hardtop with a 289 and nothing special. I was hot sh*& back in the day with my Honda and Mustang. LOL!!! What a mess I was. I worked my ass off for both.

I still ride motorcycles to this day and still drive mustangs. Currently a 03 Mustang Mach 1 and a 03 HD sportster 1200 custom. I run the piss out of both of them. Life is too short not to. I love every second of each. I love power and hate high gas prices.

I am going to burn as much rubber and gas as I can before I die. I hate Obama and green energy and love big power and want to enjoy it as long as I am alive. Im going to burn as much gas and rubber as I can before I die. Eat your heart Obama and you tree huggers. IM going to light the tires up the next chance I get just to piss you off. I refuse to grow up.

littleroundman
03-04-2012, 02:04 AM
There's no better way to remind us of our own mortality and of how fast time flies than to see a story like this.

Davy Jones can't have been 66.

It seems like only yesterday he was the young looking one on afternoon TV showing us all how to do the "Monkee Walk"

Eddie Haskell
03-04-2012, 02:10 AM

How about a guy like me learning to drive a 67 Galazie 500 with a 390 and three on the tree???? LOLOLOL I drove all over hells half acre at 15 and my Dad was a drivers ed teacher. This was back when you could get away with it and it was not a big deal. The Ranchero reminded me of the old Galaxi. My Dad got a ticket by the way in the Mustang and he was the drivers ed teacher. That was not pretty. This is before the media went nuts.

Those 60's cars were something. Really not worth a crap but in a good and bad way I loved how they run. No throttle lag ect.... Hard cold starts ect.... Had to set the choke. ................. Remember that???

Sorry for getting off topic.

Nancetta
03-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at 66 (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-29/obit-monkees-singer-davy-jones/53304196/1)

I grew up adoring the Monkees. I actually have a degree in Music and I can say those simple bubble gum pop tunes were classic gold. Who doesn't have those tunes permanently etched in their minds with fond memories of the playful young people who performed them?

Rest in peace, Davy!

Soapboxmom

All I remember is: "Hey, hey we're the Monkeys..." What I know is, I wish we could go back to when the times were 'simpler'...

Eddie Haskell
03-07-2012, 12:13 AM
All I remember is: "Hey, hey we're the Monkeys..." What I know is, I wish we could go back to when the times were 'simpler'...

I hear you Nancetta!!