PDA

View Full Version : Peoplestring

Lisa
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
So I joined this site a couple months ago and just found out what my first months points equated to in actual money. I had over 2,000 points and with the examples they gave on the forum I was expecting at least $5... it was less than $1.50. I guess for some it's worth the time to go on the site and click around several times a day for a few pennies... but personally I just see it as a HUGE waste of time. You have to reach $25 to get paid and everyone on there tells you to promote your string. But even the person that recruited me has at least 1 person a day added to their string and it took them more than 2 months to reach the $25 payout.

Here's the real kicker - they're opening up a new site or program called rewardstring. You'll play a game that is apparently similar to farmville/mafia wars and you can earn more points that way. If you already have a peoplestring account you will automatically have a rewardstring account. HOWEVER - they are trying to sell people a $250 package that guarantees them 500 signups below them. The problem is, when peoplestring was starting they did the SAME thing. They've stopped offering it because the people who purchased the $250 package with peoplestring STILL haven't gotten their "guaranteed string". A lot of the people who did purchase this package and haven't received all their people are (understandably) pretty pissed off because they feel as if they should get first dibs on people enrolling on rewardstring and NOT have to pay another $250 for something that's likely an empty promise. (I agree with them completely.)

SO - it's not necessarily a scam if you join for free, just a lot of clicking for not a whole lot of money. BUT if you pay $250 for a "guaranteed" string, be prepared to be let down.

Emet
06-29-2010, 12:26 PM
SO - it's not necessarily a scam if you join for free...

Well, I guess that depends on your definition of scam. I tried reading the threads on PS at scumscamdotcom, but they were boring.

This reminds me of blastoffnetwork. Yep, it's free to join, but hard to make the minimum payout.

Both companies are earning money (BO is affiliate marketing), using folks to do so, all the while avoiding paying the worker bees or shoppers.

Live&Learn
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
So I joined this site a couple months ago and just found out what my first months points equated to in actual money. I had over 2,000 points and with the examples they gave on the forum I was expecting at least $5... it was less than $1.50. I guess for some it's worth the time to go on the site and click around several times a day for a few pennies... but personally I just see it as a HUGE waste of time. You have to reach $25 to get paid and everyone on there tells you to promote your string. But even the person that recruited me has at least 1 person a day added to their string and it took them more than 2 months to reach the $25 payout.

Here's the real kicker - they're opening up a new site or program called rewardstring. You'll play a game that is apparently similar to farmville/mafia wars and you can earn more points that way. If you already have a peoplestring account you will automatically have a rewardstring account. HOWEVER - they are trying to sell people a $250 package that guarantees them 500 signups below them. The problem is, when peoplestring was starting they did the SAME thing. They've stopped offering it because the people who purchased the $250 package with peoplestring STILL haven't gotten their "guaranteed string". A lot of the people who did purchase this package and haven't received all their people are (understandably) pretty pissed off because they feel as if they should get first dibs on people enrolling on rewardstring and NOT have to pay another $250 for something that's likely an empty promise. (I agree with them completely.)

SO - it's not necessarily a scam if you join for free, just a lot of clicking for not a whole lot of money. BUT if you pay $250 for a "guaranteed" string, be prepared to be let down.

I have to agree with you. Huge waste of time.

Lisa
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I just got an e-mail from my upline, apparently they're not offering 1,000 people under you for $250. I'm thinking that not to many people are hot on their "opportunity" to purchase this upgrade package after seeing some of their already upgraded members complain in their forums about not getting what they were already promised. The other big complaint I'm finding is that those who already paid $200 (not $250, my bad) for initial upgraded package with peoplestring are upset that they have to pay an additional $250 in order to get something they were already promised when they paid the initial $200. According to several members they were told that when they initially upgraded that the rewardstring portion was already in the works and when it finally started (where one could make more points by playing games) they would automatically be upgraded. Now they're finding that they have to invest another $250 in order for that to happen, and as I stated before several of these people still haven't received all of the benefits they were promised from their initial upgrade.

It's not looking so hot.

GlimDropper
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I sorta share Emet's lack of interest in the company, but I recall the "Faith Sloan" types hyping this at the start which is sorta like having a Mutual Fund being endorsed by Bernie Madoff. They did seem to promise some level of profits but what exact product was being retailed? Did everyone who bought anything from them buy it because they were promised a chance to make more money than they spent? Are there any "customers" who buy something from peoplestring because they wanted the product and not because paying in was the path to a pay out? Dear sweet Miss Sloan is a ponzi and pyramid puppeteer, did she endorse a legitimate company by mistake?

Lisa
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
There are no products. With people string you earn points by logging in, playing games, searching on google, logging into facebook etc. At the end of the month they do some equation where they take a portion of their ad revenue (they claim 70% of it) and divide it among those who have earned points. Each points equates an amount of money. My first month there I had over 2,000 points and got under $1.50.

And Glim, I'm not seeing an edit button at the bottom of any of my posts. I don't know if I'm the only one running into this problem, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...??

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I've seen a lot about People String on Facebook and it looks like YET ANOTHER site that will take over Facebook because they are going to share their revenue with their members, instead of keeping it all like mean ol' Facebook. lol None of these sites have ever made it big nor represent a threat to Facebook, MySpace or Twitter, as their prime objective is not to start a new social site, but simply to make money.

Facebook et al are free to join, free to stay and millions of people use them. Lots of people advertise there too as they reach The General Public. The "network marketers" seem to have found their way onto FB etc and are using them to recruit new blood, but the sites like People String end up with a membership of full of network marketers trying to sell to each other and have very little social value. Some last a while and some dont and then everyone moves onto the next great money earner that will wipe Facebook, MySpace and Twitter off the map. There are some business/social networks, but they tend not to charge (or offer to make you money either) and are serious places to meet and discuss common themes.

Do we know who owns PeopleString? I have a recollection that I read somewhere that he or they came from a previous failed business along the same lines. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Emet
07-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Do we know who owns PeopleString? I have a recollection that I read somewhere that he or they came from a previous failed business along the same lines. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm not sure, but didn't PeopleString evolve from BigString (http://www.bigstring.com/info/executiveofficers.php)?

Lisa
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Under "Favorites" on the homepage for PeopleString (when someone logs in) is BigString, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that the two are related somehow.

I went to the forum area of the site and Darin Myman is a moderator in a lot of the forums there.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Right - Darin Myman is running People String owned by BigString.related. BigString were the people who had the erasable emails. (Or not so erasable according to this comment on a photography forum

Never believe things like this. I love this kind of scams so I couldn't refrain from signing up to see "how they do it". :mrgreen:

Here's the test mail I sent to myself. Be my guest. The smilie and the text above it is what I put in.
Bigstring Inc. (http://ababa.net/stuff/Bigstring_Expiring_Email_Scam.html)

They've turned the text into an image that they use as a background image. It's overlaid with a transparent image. If I disable HTML in my email client all I get is the the link to view the message on the web. The whole thing is of course loaded from their servers. That's how they can make it "expire".

If you try Save Image As the transparent one is what you get. Most browsers don't print background images by default but if you turn that option on it probably works. Print Screen works excellent as ever. View Source to find the paths and save what you want works. Picking the whole lot out from your cache works. They've used a few of the usual simple tricks used to "protect" content/source on the Web but left more, and likewise ineffective ones, out.

Put bigstring.com on your backlist of Internet lowlifes that try to scam money from people. :twisted:

Source BigString.com ... - Canon Digital Photography Forums (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36955)

Seems photographers are not as gullible as network marketers. lol

okosh
03-04-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure, but didn't PeopleString evolve from BigString (http://www.bigstring.com/info/executiveofficers.php)?

Bigstring owns peoplestring....
You can read about it here....
Bigstring Corporation (BSGC) Company Profile Report (http://wrightreports.ecnext.com/coms2/reportdesc_COMPANY_08989Q100)

Bigstring is listed on Wall street....
BigString Corp, BSGC Stock Quote - (NASDAQ) BSGC, BigString Corp Stock Price (http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/BSGC)

When peoplestring started the bigstring share price was 1c....It reached a peak of 6c but is now currently trading at 3c.....

Bigstring shares at 1c was a great punt....

Peoplestring itself is a way to earn without outlaying a cent....The more you do the more you earn....

Fgold
06-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Bigstring owns peoplestring....
You can read about it here....
Bigstring Corporation (BSGC) Company Profile Report (http://wrightreports.ecnext.com/coms2/reportdesc_COMPANY_08989Q100)

Bigstring is listed on Wall street....
BigString Corp, BSGC Stock Quote - (NASDAQ) BSGC, BigString Corp Stock Price (http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/BSGC)

When peoplestring started the bigstring share price was 1c....It reached a peak of 6c but is now currently trading at 3c.....

Bigstring shares at 1c was a great punt....

Peoplestring itself is a way to earn without outlaying a cent....The more you do the more you earn....

It seems that this site is not paying the revenue share to everyone which is unacceptable! Being a member for over 2 years and still waiting for my postal card which was never been delivered :RpS_laugh:

okosh
06-24-2011, 08:23 AM
It seems that this site is not paying the revenue share to everyone which is unacceptable! Being a member for over 2 years and still waiting for my postal card which was never been delivered :RpS_laugh:

Silly boy.....How can they deliver the card to you when you joined 3 times under BS names and addresses?????????................