PDA

View Full Version : Obama turns dictator....read it and explain "the land of the free" to me again?

consolidation
01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
sneaky bill which legalizes the indefinite detention of Americans without charge or trial, on a vote of 283-136.
ru guys for real? ....

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 31, 2011
Statement by the President on H.R. 1540
Today I have signed into law H.R. 1540, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.” I have signed the Act chiefly because it authorizes funding for the defense of the United States and its interests abroad, crucial services for service members and their families, and vital national security programs that must be renewed. In hundreds of separate sections totaling over 500 pages, the Act also contains critical Administration initiatives to control the spiraling health care costs of the Department of Defense (DoD), to develop counterterrorism initiatives abroad, to build the security capacity of key partners, to modernize the force, and to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of military operations worldwide.
The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it. In particular, I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists. Over the last several years, my Administration has developed an effective, sustainable framework for the detention, interrogation and trial of suspected terrorists that allows us to maximize both our ability to collect intelligence and to incapacitate dangerous individuals in rapidly developing situations, and the results we have achieved are undeniable. Our success against al-Qa’ida and its affiliates and adherents has derived in significant measure from providing our counterterrorism professionals with the clarity and flexibility they need to adapt to changing circumstances and to utilize whichever authorities best protect the American people, and our accomplishments have respected the values that make our country an example for the world.

from

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/statement-president-hr-1540

consolidation
01-08-2012, 06:57 AM
wow... real time and real life law abuse of power openly listed by the US govt, where it brazenly took away your right to freedom based on a suspicion that subsequently never has to be disclosed or contended... and even your right to EVER defend yourself ...liberty and freedom of the press and individuals not only attacked, but legally made redundant.... and it doesn't rate a comment here at realscam.com? Incredible but true.
constitution...what constitution?

littleroundman
01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
and it doesn't rate a comment here at realscam.com? Incredible but true.

Bit of a leap of logic there, isn't it, consolidation ??

If the situation was as simple as you make it out to be, then, perhaps immediate comment could be made.

As it is, your quote is from a non mainstream source, is unverified and lends itself to a great deal more research before comment, especially by those not directly involved as in: non residents.

Personally, I think ANYONE who believes ANYTHING a politician says off the bat is cruisin' for a bruisin' and ANYONE who thinks the solution/s for the malaise which is currently gripping the Western world lies in the actions of politicians and their sycophant bureaucrats is going to get a rude shock.

Forget the specific event, this is just more of the same ol' same ol'

Same dog, different leg action

scratchycat
01-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I was listening to the GOP debates this morning but the room got so full of BS, I just had to turn it off. I had kept the tv on while I went to my office just to listen and it was even more sickening, so I just said enough of this rubbish. They have the audacity to stand up there and say what they will do if elected president. A big joke!! The Washinngton Political machine will operate and control as it has done for years and one person cannot make much change even if the try to do so. I think Pres. Obama has tried and done some good things - others, well, I am not so sure that we as citizens have been helped, especially in regards to Mediare and health reform. There are many issues to be resolved on that one.

I simply cannot tolerate Mitt Romney and that little smile that says "I am so much better than you."

laidback
01-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I was listening to the GOP debates this morning but the room got so full of BS, I just had to turn it off. I had kept the tv on while I went to my office just to listen and it was even more sickening, so I just said enough of this rubbish. They have the audacity to stand up there and say what they will do if elected president. A big joke!! The Washinngton Political machine will operate and control as it has done for years and one person cannot make much change even if the try to do so. I think Pres. Obama has tried and done some good things - others, well, I am not so sure that we as citizens have been helped, especially in regards to Mediare and health reform. There are many issues to be resolved on that one.

I simply cannot tolerate Mitt Romney and that little smile that says "I am so much better than you."
While I am basically a conservative, I have to agree with you. The corruption in DC is so pervasive that even the most honest and well meaning guy that gets elected is corrupted by the system after minimal exposure to it. The only real solution (will likely NEVER happen btw) is to throw everybody out and start with a fresh batch. I happen to think that the first thing that should disqualify a person for office is that person WANTS to hold that office! jmho.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
One think I particularly like about Real Scam was their decision NOT to have a political forum. With the US elections coming up later this year, a lot of forums are already full of people's particular political beef s and are already causing major arguments between members.

I, for one, would be very grateful if Real Scam stays that way and we keep politics OUT of here. There are plenty of other places where members can air their views and if Real Scam becomes one of them, it can only be divisive and distract from the purpose of the forum,

consolidation
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
fair enough,
btw I am not American or even in that continent....

i will respect the unwritten no politics embargo ...after answering the queries already posted to now.

i did supply the govt press release and the links to the doc, however it does take a bit to find the indefinate detention issue in amongst the other defense / defence rubbish in this already passed and enacted bill. The Bill itself is called hr 1540 and a direct link is below.
since the 31/12/2011 the US Govt can detain and imprison people forever, they have no access to any form of judicial process forever.

It doesn't not mean there already has been abuses, but it does mean there is now absolutely no separation of the Executive and Judic. It is noted that USA is not a Democracy and therefore these things are not enshrined , but even in a Republic these separations are mandatory.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr1540rh/pdf/BILLS-112hr1540rh.pdf

Note to self: Realscam doesn't don't do political scams, even when its constitutional abuse, but you do allow and welcome swapping tasty recipes on realscam.com?

conclusion.
cu all for another year or so...I will see if it's matured enough by then.

littleroundman
01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
When a country/political system/way of life/civilization is suffering death by a thousand cuts, it's probably not helpful to provide a running commentary on each and every cut.

Oh, and seeya when you get back..................or grow up.....................whichever occurs first.

laidback
01-08-2012, 06:00 PM
One think I particularly like about Real Scam was their decision NOT to have a political forum. With the US elections coming up later this year, a lot of forums are already full of people's particular political beef s and are already causing major arguments between members.

I, for one, would be very grateful if Real Scam stays that way and we keep politics OUT of here. There are plenty of other places where members can air their views and if Real Scam becomes one of them, it can only be divisive and distract from the purpose of the forum,

Good and true points. What one may see as corrupt, another sees as proper especially in the political arena. I have found that most political systems are ideal....until humans get involved in trying to administer them, then everything goes right down the ole drain.

littleroundman
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
fair enough,
btw I am not American or even in that continent....

So, just how is Telstra treatin' ya down there in the colonies ??

Are their services as bad as ever ??

Tell us, oh great agente provocateur, what is it about this particular action of the Presidents' that made you choose it from the eleventy two and a half other issues facing the USA at the minute and then decide to use it to segue into your annual let's-see-if-I-can-provoke-the-people-at REALSCAM.com (http://www.realscam.com) sojourn.

You're really not very good at this, are you ??

Lil Ol' Radical Me
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
fair enough,

Note to self: Realscam doesn't don't do political scams, even when its constitutional abuse, but you do allow and welcome swapping tasty recipes on realscam.com?

conclusion.
cu all for another year or so...I will see if it's matured enough by then.

'fraid my comment had nothing to do with my own political opinions, nor whether or not I agreed with your comments. It is simply that, for some reason or other, the US elections seem to bring out some horrendous arguments from left, right and center and some of them get totally out of hand and very ugly and end up damaging the forums and the relationships between members.

When Real Scam was started, the owner and administrators decided not to have a political forum, like there was on scam dot com. It seemed like a wise decision at the time and still does.

Like many others here, I do have some very strong views of the current political situation and I voice them in more appropriate places and not in a place where I am happy to work with people of all political persuasions in order to educate people to avoid financial frauds. So if I can shut up here, so can you. lol

baylee
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
While I am basically a conservative, I have to agree with you. The corruption in DC is so pervasive that even the most honest and well meaning guy that gets elected is corrupted by the system after minimal exposure to it. The only real solution (will likely NEVER happen btw) is to throw everybody out and start with a fresh batch. I happen to think that the first thing that should disqualify a person for office is that person WANTS to hold that office! jmho.
The problem as I see is it is that "Most People" me included, say we need to throw all of those SOB's out of office as quick as we can, well except maybe our own guys/girls. I think they are doing a ok job! We end up with business as usual! We will pay for sooner or later.

path2prosperity
01-09-2012, 01:47 AM
'fraid my comment had nothing to do with my own political opinions, nor whether or not I agreed with your comments. It is simply that, for some reason or other, the US elections seem to bring out some horrendous arguments from left, right and center and some of them get totally out of hand and very ugly and end up damaging the forums and the relationships between members.

When Real Scam was started, the owner and administrators decided not to have a political forum, like there was on scam dot com. It seemed like a wise decision at the time and still does.

Like many others here, I do have some very strong views of the current political situation and I voice them in more appropriate places and not in a place where I am happy to work with people of all political persuasions in order to educate people to avoid financial frauds. So if I can shut up here, so can you. lol

You and I hardly agree with each other about anything LORM but I am 100% behind you on this issue.

scratchycat
01-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Well, EXCUSE me folks. I did not start the thread, just commented. Guess now that my hand has been slapped, I will go and see if I can find those rules I don't seem to know about.

Administration, you are welcome to delete my political comment about the GOP debates.

Oh well... :crying_2: I seem to have messed up again.

path2prosperity
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, EXCUSE me folks. I did not start the thread, just commented. Guess now that my hand has been slapped, I will go and see if I can find those rules I don't seem to know about.

Administration, you are welcome to delete my political comment about the GOP debates.

You have not messed anything up "scratchy." People can assume things about people from political opinions. LORM reads British newspaper that is absolute anathame to me. My ex husband read the same paper from cover to cover! He talks some sense when we meet now. LORM talks some sense but if either of them start on politics, I want to scream!

Soapboxmom
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM

All comments are welcome, my dear. We just chose not to devote an entire forum to politics, because it does leave posters and moderators alike in tears. Those forums are too hard to moderate and seem to draw out the worst in people and attract folks who should definitely have stayed under their rocks. So, just relax here and have fun!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I told that nut George Dranichak / Zachary from day one on Scam I had no interest in moderating the political forum. Since he never logged on and there were few mods working I was forced to trudge over to that cesspool. On one occasion I had to remove a picture of a man making it with a Suburban's tailpipe. Nuff said!

Soapboxmom

laidback
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I told that nut George Dranichak / Zachary from day one on Scam I had no interest in moderating the political forum. Since he never logged on and there were few mods working I was forced to trudge over to that cesspool. On one occasion I had to remove a picture of a man making it with a Suburban's tailpipe. Nuff said!

Soapboxmom LOL, was it running???

Soapboxmom
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL, was it running???
Who knows, but the dude was in a lacy, frilly teddy with spiked heels on. I will never get that image out of my head!

Soapboxmom

laidback
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Who knows, but the dude was in a lacy, frilly teddy with spiked heels on. I will never get that image out of my head!

Soapboxmom

Oh, crap thanks ever so much for TOO MUCH INFORMATION......!!!AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

scratchycat
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
:zip it:

Let's talk about the flowers, birds, and bees. :RpS_love:

scratchycat
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Land of the Free!!

Here is a place you can check out and see if you find any promoting of "programs", if you do please let me know. Look around and have some fun!!

Sagari Expressions (http://www.sagariexpressions.com)

You can even leave comments on the comment page.

path2prosperity
01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Jimbo the Adlandpro "political guru" had joined forces with Michael Clayton who sells "Letters from Christ." Jimbo's poltical rants are a laugh on their own without help from "Jesus Christ" who publishes his last letters for Michael Clayton to report in Australia.

Latest political and religious mumbo jumbo from Scamlandpro (http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2500334/IsRonPaularacistHmmmGoodQuestions/12.aspx)

path2prosperity
01-12-2012, 12:18 PM
:zip it:

Let's talk about the flowers, birds, and bees. :RpS_love:

Good idea "scratchy." Plants have been on this planet for longer than we have and we do not have to put up with people who pupport to have messages from Christ, space aliens or infinite policical wisdom here. Plants are far more interesting and useful. People working on farms during the war had to use a dock leaf, when they ran out of toilet paper. I have forgotten what variaties are safe to use on human skin or what they look like. I am not likely to run out of that useful item in this area but you can also use dock leaves to relieve pain, if you are stung by a wasp or a bee and I am not sure which one. Can you help?

One of my saddest childhood memories was the day when I saw my pony with a swollen tongue. She was bitting it off as she could not open her jaws wide enough to get rid of the swelling. When I rushed back to the house to tell my mother, went out to see the pony with a revolver in her hand. I suspected the worst and screamed the house down. She had been stung on the tongue by a wasp and she was allergic to wasp sting. Dock leaves are very useful and it would not hurt to revise a bit of botany.

laidback
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
AWWWW, just one more for fun:
A Special Day is Coming 2-2-2012:
In this New Year of 2012, both Groundhog Day and the
State of the Union address will occur on the same day.

This is an ironic juxtaposition of events.

One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for future prognostication.

The other involves a groundhog.

scratchycat
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
My eldest son was born on Groundhog's Day so it is a favorite of mine. I look forward to the speech.

laidback
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
My eldest son was born on Groundhog's Day so it is a favorite of mine. I look forward to the speech.
I didn't know groundhogs could talk...!http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-character-smileys-221.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

littleroundman
01-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I didn't know groundhogs could talk...!http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-character-smileys-221.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Only to Bill Murray

Finix
01-23-2012, 04:15 AM
and it doesn't rate a comment here at realscam.com?
Why would it? It's not a scam. It's a real game of money and power.

scratchycat
02-01-2012, 11:40 AM
AWWWW, just one more for fun:
A Special Day is Coming 2-2-2012:
In this New Year of 2012, both Groundhog Day and the
State of the Union address will occur on the same day.

This is an ironic juxtaposition of events.

One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for future prognostication.

The other involves a groundhog.

Groundhog Day, February 2nd, Groundhog Day (the movie), Groundhog Day, birth of my first son - wonderful experience!! - Groundhog Day February 2, 2012 - State of the Union Address. All right!! My son talks, groundhogs kinda grunt and play around. Love my son, so no more wise cracks about him. Just groundhogs and presidents!!:RpS_wink:

scratchycat
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM

Well you just never know. I met up with a raccoon this morning and although he did not say a word, I totally understood I was to leave him alone and let him feast out of the compost container!! I have pictures!! lol