LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Cut and paste snippets about scams.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cut and paste snippets about scams.

Useful checklist if someone mails gives you a check.

FBI Fraud Alert.jpg

https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fra...ert-poster-pdf
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A SOUTH Australian student lost six months of work from a computer virus sweeping the state that cripples machines.

SA Police have warned computer owners about an influx of ransomware scams, which encourage computer users to click on email links, activating a virus that locks computers by encrypting data.

The locking of the computer is generally linked to a demand or request for money in order to reinstate computer access.

Any device attached to the infected machine will also be encrypted.

At least 10 incidents have been reported to SA Police, via the Australian Cybercrime Reporting Network, over the past two weeks but investigators believe that may be the tip of the iceberg.

In one case, a student reported losing about six months’ work as a result of such an attack.

Recovery from an attack is difficult, if not impossible, police said.

The scam emails vary in format and often purport to represent significant legitimate organisations in order to trick computer users.

Recent scams claimed to be from Australia Post and Australia Federal Police.

Police believe the attacks are emanating from overseas and are likely to continue.

Police e-crime experts urge people not to click on any links attached to unsolicited or suspicious emails.

AdelaideNow.com.au
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Teenage conman caught out by his fake Ferrari

Teenage conman caught out by his fake Ferrari | The Times

• Sam Cook claimed to have built £2,000 up to £21 million — but his £165,000 Ferrari was actually a kit car based on an old £1,000 FordSWNS

Simon de Bruxelles
    Published at 12:01AM, August 1 2015

He drove a £165,000 Ferrari, wore a £120,000 wristwatch and boasted of his love of fine dining — but the teenager who claimed to have the Midas touch playing the financial markets was as phoney as his bright red sports car, it has been revealed.
    Sam Cook, 18, of Lewdown, Okehampton, was jailed for 26 months yesterday for paying for his lavish lifestyle with £110,000 entrusted to him by family friends.
    Having bragged in his local newspaper that he had turned a £2,000 loan into £21 million by playing the currency markets, it was his fake Ferrari that led to his downfall.
    Plymouth crown court was told that, after reading the article, Detective Constable Dan Parkinson decided to look into Cook’s background. He checked the car registration and discovered that the Ferrari F430 Scuderia was, in fact, a kit car based on a £1,000 second-hand Ford.
    Kelly Scrivener, for the prosecution, told the court that Mr Parkinson had tracked down at least six people who had parted with money under the false impression that Cook would invest the funds in the stock market. “The police found that he did not have a legitimate business at all, but pocketed the money and lived a lavish lifestyle.”
    The six victims invested £110,200 in total — money they could ill afford to lose. One man gave Cook £35,000 instead of paying off his mortgage. Another of the victims lost £6,000 she had been saving to buy a car. In Cook’s defence, Michael Green said he had given in to the temptation of easy money. He made up the newspaper story because he “wanted to make his parents proud of him”, he added. “He is 18 years old, and suddenly found himself with quick money in his bank account and he gave into temptation and spent it. It was a bogus company, it was a bogus investment. It was inevitable that this would come to light, and so it did.”
    Mr Green said that both Cook and his father, Peter, were trying to raise money to repay the victims. “The defendant hopes to gain employment, and repay his victims himself.”
    Cook’s defence was not helped when one of his victims revealed that after the teenager had admitted six counts of fraud at an earlier hearing, a photograph had been posted online of him dressed as a judge, and making an offensive gesture, with his father alongside him dressed as a police officer.
    Mr Green said: “I have spoken to the defendant about the picture this morning, and it is something he deeply regrets. He wasn’t responsible for bringing the props or the photo booth, and was unaware that the photo would be shared online.”
    Sentencing Cook to 26 months in prison, Judge Richard Powell said: “You used the money to fund a lavish lifestyle. You had an expensive flat, an expensive car, albeit not a Ferrari. You used money that was not yours to go on overseas holidays, and present an image of success. You should be ashamed.”

If Simon Stepsys or Mark Ghobril are involved it's 100% a SCAM!

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this doesn't surprise me:

Single, Divorced Or Widowed? New Study Says Auto Insurers Are Ripping You Off

Full story: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/single-d...341307982.html

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    Well, this doesn't surprise me:

Single, Divorced Or Widowed? New Study Says Auto Insurers Are Ripping You Off

Full story: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/single-d...341307982.html
    Consumer Reports just had a story on this as well, that some companies essentially act like the cable company with their pricing gimmicks is mind numbing.

Secrets of Car Insurance Prices - Consumer Reports

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/08/yo...ance.html?_r=0
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad this woman was caught . . .

A beauty pageant queen was dethroned after lying about cancer treatments to rake in thousands of dollars, Pennsylvania police said.

Brandi Lee Weaver-Gates, the 2015 winner of a Miss Pennsylvania offshoot pageant, was arrested Tuesday for fraudulently raising money for treatment for leukemia — which she never had, state police told WJAC.

Weaver-Gates, 23, took her two-year scheme so far that she shaved her head and fooled her own family, forcing her sister to drive her to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore for fake treatments, police said. The sister waited in the lobby for up to eight hours while Weaver-Gates disappeared upstairs, they said.

Full story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2322822

12. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Belle Gibson comes clean on cancer hoax

Belle Gibson's empire was crumbling before her eyes. Weeks before her book, "The Whole Pantry," was set to be published in Britain and the United States, an Australian newspaper began chipping away at Gibson's claims that she had been given only months to live after she was diagnosed with an incurable form of brain cancer in 2009.

The wellness guru survived for years and said she withdrew from chemotherapy and other cancer treatments and healed herself with “nutrition and holistic medicine."

“I believe that people are here to be teachers,”
    she said in November. “And I know that I defied so many universal and life rules for a reason.”

The fantastical story seemed too good to be true. And, it turns out, it wasn't true at all.

Several book deals, nearly 200,000 Instagram followers and one acclaimed mobile app later, Gibson has finally come clean.

"None of it's true," she told the Australian Women's Weekly in her first comments acknowledging that she had duped the world with an elaborate hoax.

"I don't want forgiveness," she told the Weekly. "I just think [speaking out] was the responsible thing to do. Above anything, I would like people to say, 'Okay, she's human.'"

An excerpt published online by the magazine is based on multiple interviews with a coy Gibson. The full interview and story will be published in print on Thursday.

The excerpt doesn't reveal much about Gibson's motives for inventing such a serious diagnosis and leading her legion of followers to believe that fruits, vegetables, and natural remedies -- not medical treatment -- cured her of a deadly cancer.

If anything, the revelation leads to even more questions than answers.

Her interviewer, Clair Weaver, explained the nearly impossible task of verifying just about anything Gibson said:

At first, she seems gullible, muddled and emotional. She tells stories that are frustratingly vague, unverifiable and sometimes far-fetched.
    When pressed by The Weekly, she’s often unable to provide details such as names, locations and dates. Nor explain why her behaviour, even by her own telling, often seems irrational and illogical.
    Why, for example, did she never have a brain scan? Wasn’t she terrified to find out she was pregnant with her son after allegedly being given months to live? Why would she devote so much time and energy into developing The Whole Pantry app (including time away from her son) if she believed she was dying?
    In response, she claims to have been naïve, to have trusted the wrong people and to have honestly believed she was healing herself of cancer. She didn’t have a parent figure to guide her, she says.

Gibson's claims go on and on.

She said that her health issues were related to a negative reaction to the Gardasil HPV vaccine.

She claimed to have died during a medical procedure -- and then emerged from a post-operative coma.

How much of it is true, no one knows. Everything is being questioned.

"She says she is passionate about avoiding gluten, dairy and coffee, but doesn't really understand how cancer works,"
    the Australian Women's Weekly wrote. "All of which begs the question: is this young woman really capable of masterminding one of the biggest hoaxes in recent history?"

Believe it or not, the improbability of all of these stories might have gone unnoticed, and Gibson might have quietly joined the growing ranks of "holistic" healing evangelizers, had it not been for the diligence of the Australian, which first exposed some of the massive holes in Gibson's story in a March investigation.

After the newspaper spoke with Gibson and questioned her story, she claimed that perhaps her initial cancer diagnosis in 2009 was due to a medical error, despite the fact that earlier in 2014 she had informed her followers that the cancer had spread to her spleen, liver, uterus and blood:

Would she name the doctor? No. Was he a medical practitioner? She seemed uncertain. Suddenly Gibson broke down sobbing, saying she had never wanted her private medical details to become public property.

"I want some of my privacy back," she declared.

Earlier in the month, charities for which Gibson claimed to have raised money told the Sydney Morning Herald that they never saw any of it.

That was all it took for publishers to move swiftly to pull her book in Australia and cancel production plans in the United States and Britain, citing their inability to verify Gibson's story.

If nothing else, Gibson's saga is a cautionary tale about the growing alternative medicine industry, which thrives on a resistance to facts and science.

There are those who believe salt and baking soda can cure cancer, or that smart watches cause it, despite a clear lack of evidence supporting those claims.

Gibson rose to fame knowing that her ardent followers, some with large megaphones, would be willing to ignore the medical improbability of her story in favor of the hope she represented.

She was right -- at least for a short time.

The Australian Women's Weekly noted that she had "millions of followers." At one point, her "Whole Pantry" app was featured on Apple's Web site for the new Apple Watch. Her book of the same name was also a hit.

Now, courtesy of the magazine's cover, Gibson is known as this: "The girl who conned us all."

The Washington Post

14. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another charity scam . . .

Jared Fogle's Child Obesity Foundation an Apparent Sham

Jared Fogle had something for minors, but it wasn’t money: Turns out his foundation to help battle childhood obesity did little but raise the Subway pitchman’s profile, USA Today reports. According to tax records, the Jared Fogle Healthy Lifestyle Nationwide School Grant Program spent an average of just $73,000 annually between 2009 and 2013 and never issued a grant. This despite Fogle’s promise to give schools and community organizations $2 million to battle the condition that so affected his own life.

Full story: https://www.yahoo.com/health/jared-f...5408.html?nf=1

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda creepy...

Malware emails that masquerade as something official are not rare, but these messages are fairly unique: they are said to contain accurate speeding data, including street names, speed limits, and actual driving speeds, according to the Tredyffrin Police Department, located close to Philadelphia.

Malware scam appears to use GPS data to catch speeding Pennsylvania drivers | The Verge

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How to Avoid Being Scammed

The best way to avoid being scammed is to adopt, not shop! But should you decide to purchase a pet, never buy one you haven't met in person. Please make sure to follow these tips when using the Internet to find a pup:

Always visit. Responsible breeders and rescue groups will be more than happy to offer you a tour.
    Pick your puppy up at the kennel, rather than having the puppy shipped or meeting the seller at a random location

Please keep in mind that pet adoption is still your best option, even if you are seeking a purebred dog. There are thousands of dogs waiting for good homes at local animal shelters, including purebreds! There are also a number of reputable breed rescue groups passionate about finding great homes for purebred dogs who have been abandoned, abused or surrendered to shelters.

Why You Should Never Buy a Puppy Online | ASPCA

Scams facing people with lost pets, as with above you want to see the pet first.

Pet Scams To Watch Out For.html

SCAMMER andrewpeter7@myway.com <nathanpughome@gmail.com>

Nathan Pug Home <nathanpughome@gmail.com>

to me
    Hello ,
    Thanks for your interest in our puppies. We still have 6 puppies available Alex :- (Male), Cindy :- (Female) , Jerry :- (Male), Levi :- (Male) , Mimi (Female ) and Prince (Male) so please see them on our web page AVAILABLE PUPPIES |
    They have been potty (paper) trained. These puppies have been raised in my home with regular visits from my children and grand children which has helped a great in socializing them. They love to be cuddled and I always make sure I give them the greatest attention. So I am in search of pet lovers who can love and care for these puppies like i do. Everyone must be aware of the love and attention this puppies need. Honestly i do not breed and sell puppies for a living because i have a stable job. I have always been a good lover to puppies. I adopted their parents some couple of years back and because every one admired them so i decided to breed them. At the time i already noticed the prices of puppies were too much for some good and loving pet homes to afford so i breed and adopt out my puppies when need be. I also do it sometimes for the sake of experience. Please get back for advice on the next step to take
    towards getting the puppy in your home. We are asking $380 for a puppy. However, I will also like to know the following from you before we proceed.

-Where about are you located? City and state??
    -Which puppy are you interested in taking?

Thanks for taking your time to read through this email and I hope to read from you again.

Warmest Regards

is nanayorkiehome.com a scam or legit | nanayorkiehome.com trust reviews |check nanayorkiehome.com for fraud and risk | is nanayorkiehome.com safe or fake
    is nathanpughome.com a scam or legit | nathanpughome.com trust reviews |check nathanpughome.com for fraud and risk | is nathanpughome.com safe or fake

8 Other WebSites On This Server
    primefx.org
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    biltontraders.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    adrianyorkiehome.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    cutepugpets.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    cutepompets.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    zacherybulldogs.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    reidpomhoms.com
    [Russian Federation] ru
    ..0%
    alislamia.ru

Pet Scam.JPG

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever Bought Art on a Cruise? Prepare to Be Seasick

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-to-be-seasick

scammer sacrfice.jpg

22. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raving Fanz, everyone needs & loves them.

Amanda notification-reply@fafiguai.net via canzo.yalnoserie.net

mailed-by: canzo.yalnoserie.net

Get the hell out of my life - F U

Hi ribshaw,

I just wanna tell you that you suck. I will never forgive you for what you did to me, you piece of crap. ASSHOLE! Do not you dare to talk to me again. Believe me, you don't wanna see my other side, ask your ******* sister, she has seen it.

F U,
    T.B

X-Originating-IP: 96.127.179.107

Singlehop.jpg

https://www.iplocation.net/

notification-reply@fafiguai.net - Comments and Complaints
    Last edited by ribshaw; 05-29-2017 at 11:14 AM.

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vanessa there wasn't much sleeping, and I think you know what I men...

Vanessa E.J hi@expertpawnandloan.com
    mailed-by: rentmen.com
    reply-to: hi@expertpawnandloan.com

subject: Cut the cr*p and stop stalking me

Hey Scumbag,

Stop stalking me and my friend or I will report you. You piece of ****, cock-sucker douche. I do not know why you are doing this! You slept together once, only once. It does not mean anything. Have not you heard of hook up?

So, f*** off and leave us alone

hi@great-cpu.com - Comments and Complaints

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sensing there's a whole soap opera episode as the backstory to those emails, Jack.

Do we need to know details ????

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    I'm sensing there's a whole soap opera episode as the backstory to those emails, Jack.

Do we need to know details ????
    LOL, I wish I had those sort details. Sadly in my life the knee brace made of feather-light material got me the hottest.

Sadly in my life.jpg

Both of the above hit my spam filters and I guess they are some sort of phishing or ransom email scam since others have gotten identical.

RR Sara also adding her two cents.

sarra s9imlg8jdd@s9imlg8jdd.edu via mirohost.net

to k6iawtkt

reply-to: contact@good-ideas.info

you_are_bothering_me..?

What do you know about me !!!

30. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

poor ribbies......such a heartbreaker.
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lost Pet? Watch Out for This Text Message Scam

Posting on social media is a great way to alert a wide range of people about a lost pet. Unfortunately, that same publicity can put you at risk for scams. Con artists comb social posts to find targets who have lost their beloved pets.

How the Scam Works

You recently lost your pet, so you turn to social media to alert friends and neighbors. You create a public post – or even a group – to help spread the word. You share your phone number and other details, so people can easily reach you.

A few days later, you get a text message from someone claiming to have found your lost dog or cat. You ask them to describe your pet and/or send a photo, but the conversation quickly takes a strange turn. The scammer will give excuses, such as being out of town or not having a working smartphone, for why they can't snap a photo. Instead, the person will pressure you for money (or a gift card) to return your pet. Although you may be tempted to do anything to see your dog or cat returned safely, don't pay up! The scammer doesn't have your pet. They will just take the money and disappear.

How to Avoid a Lost Pet Con :

Follow these tips to prevent falling victim to a pet loss scam:

Limit the information in your social posts : If you post on Facebook or other social media, omit information about unique physical attributes. This can help you verify if someone really found your pet.
    Watch for spoofed numbers : If you get a call from someone claiming to have your pet, ask them for a phone number where you can call them back. Scammers often spoof phone numbers, so they appear to be calling from somewhere else.
    Ask for a photo : If a caller claims to have your pet in their possession, ask them to send a current picture. If the "finder" gets defensive or makes a lot of excuses, it's a red flag.
    Never wire money or use a prepaid debit card to pay anyone you don't know . This is the same as sending cash.
    Microchip and/or ID tag your pet : Consider having your veterinarian microchip your pet, or make sure they always wear a collar and ID tag.

For more information :

Thanks to BBB Central Georgia for information on this scam.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/leticiamira...Bk#.xnoL6p3Y4W

Other stuff on scams from BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/scamtips

https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker/us

34. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A good tip, still dig deep before opening your wallet.

An organization that has been approved by the IRS as a tax-exempt charity won’t have dot-com or dot-biz domain address; it will only have a dot-org domain.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-...ams-1504211506

Don't Fall Victim To Harvey Flood Scams : The Two-Way : NPR

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/20...rricane-harvey

BBB Wise Giving Alliance - give.org

36. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This video is worth watching.

That the US Taxpayer is still funding these nitwits speaks volumes of how corrupt government is.

Equifax just scored a $7 million contract to protect the IRS from fraud - Oct. 3, 2017

Whether you get the money or not, this is the sort of thing everyone affected by the breach should be doing.

People are taking Equifax to small-claims court — and winning
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/peopl...193607932.html

38. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thank heavens Zane got his mney. So many times these Facebook Lotteries turn out to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam.

Well this seals it.jpg

Do you think maybe Facebook could have picked up on the scam when the profile name was changed and DA Mary Rain's photo was inserted? Neverminding all the gender bending...

Do you know Bridget?
    To see what he shares with friends, send him a friend request.

https://www.facebook.com/todd.mccreary.311

https://www.facebook.com/help/commun...00134016621999

Bridgett Scott.jpg

40. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Well thank heavens Zane got his mney. So many times these Facebook Lotteries turn out to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam.
    It's not often that one of these Nigerian 419 scammers will allow me to draw them into a real conversation. Most of them pull the plug and/or block me the second they realize that I'm not going to be a payday. "Bridget Scott" took the bait:

You're friends on Facebook
    Works at Facebook and WCRO
    Lives in Menlo Park, California

WED 1:58PM

You are now connected on Messenger.

Hello

Hi Bridget

How are you doing today
    Happy val

Fine thanks. I hope you are as well.

Yes
    Thanks for asking

I must admit I picked your profile from a friend's list hoping that there would be more photos of you. You are very pretty!

You're really lucky you added me cos I've being finding a way of sending you a friend request

Any more photos of you?

No
    My name is Bridget Scott from Facebook headquarters in
    California

Oh cool. I actually met one of the guys that founded Facebook about five years ago.

I've you been contacted by any of our agent about your 150thousand usd winning that you won from the Facebook online lottery

No. I didn't enter any lottery.

This is a program by the Facebook CEO Mr mark zuckerberg to say a very big thank you to all our users for their usage and making Facebook their favorite social media past years

So do you know Dustin Moskovitz?

Any of them??
    I'm texting in regard of your 150thousand usd winning that you won from the Facebook

But like I said -> I did not enter any lottery.

Bridget missed a video chat with you.

Wednesday 2:36pm
    Call Again

Are you there?
    Hello?

WED 5:10PM

I'm here sir

?

Sorry for delaying went for a meeting

For TWO hours?

Having a meeting
    Sorry for the delay

No problem

I will like to know if you are ready to claim your winning

Absolutely

You will have to fill some information here
    Before you can have access to your winning
    Are you ready

yes

Full name............................................
    Full Home Address..............
    Male/Female..........................................
    D.O.B............................................. ...
    Married/Single.......................................
    valid ID card........................................
    Pager Number/Text Phone..............................
    E-mail.............................................. .
    Hearing or Deaf......................................
    Monthly income..............

Fill it asap

ok

I'm waiting

Full name..............................[redacted]
    Full Home Address.................[redacted] Pear Ave Sunnyvale, CA 94087
    Male/Female..........................male
    D.O.B.....................................01-07-1963
    Married/Single.......................single
    valid ID card..........................CA driver's license
    Pager Number/Text Phone....408-[redacted]-8847
    E-mail....................................[redacted]@yahoo.com
    Hearing or Deaf......................hearing
    Monthly income......................13,000

Okay
    Hang on
    I've forward your information to the facebook COO MRS Sheryl Sandberg

ok

Congratulations

Thanks!

Your information has been verified successfully
    You're now ready to claim your winning

ok
    I'm so excited!

I was authorized to release your winning reference to you now

Thank you!

Firstly, Lucky Number (FB-225-8836).
    (LOL - LINK)
    Secondly, Ticket Number (FB-962-60).
    (LOL - LINK)
    Thirdly, Batch Number (FB-0051/994)
    (LOL - LINK)
    and Lastly, Serial Number (E4AF3748-2015)
    (LOL - LINK)
    Note them down now on a safe place and keep it safe, once you are done with that get me informed here?

Ok. I copied/pasted that info into a document and saved it.

The Facebook Promotion Award Team has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their Ticket numbers. As a result of this, these friends try to claim the Award on behalf of the real winners.
    (LOL - LINK)

So i want you to keep your winning prize confidential to yourself to avoid double claiming is that understood...

No problem
    No one else uses my computer
    And it's password protected!

Good
    Once again we will like to know how you want to receive your winnings as you have three payment options,you are to choose one out of the options on how you want to receive your winnings.

ok

(1). ATM CARD:
    (2). CHECK:
    (3). INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT

A check or certified bank draft would be great.

Check or bank draft

A check would work!

Good
    The Only Way Now Is To Have your winning prize Shipped To your nominated mailing address.
    I want you to know that your package will be delivered to you by the FedEx Courier Service Delivery Company and Facebook will take care of the shipment delivery Charges...Okay.

Well, I am in Sunnyvale California, which is only about 15 miles from you there in Menlo Park.
    How about if I drive over right now and pick it up in person?

Your winning has been transferred to a FedEx agent in Pennsylvania who will deliver your winning to you

How did my winning check get printed and delivered to FedEx in Pennsylvania so fast?

It's has been done even before notifying you sir
    Okay=

Ok. I guess I'll just have to wait while it gets shipped back to California, then.

I will give you the FedEx phone number now to contact them about your winning
    Is that okay
    It will be shipped to your address in CA

Yes. Just give them my address and I can wait for it.

(405) 454-4281

Why do I need to call them when they already have my delivery address?

Text them not call
    To let them know they are delivering to you

But, if they already have the check and my address, what else do they need?

Nothing
    That's just the procedure you have to follow
    Okay

May I ask a question?

Yes

Why is your Facebook account address "todd.mccreary.311"?

That's the ex staff before I'm giving the duty but still the same account

Ok, thanks.

So get back to me after you talk to the FedEx agent
    He's name s Erich

If I am calling a FedEx agent named Erich in Pennsylvania who has my check, why am I calling a number in area code 405, which is Oklahoma?

That's he's number he gave us
    I guess he stay at Oklahoma before

Are you sure he is not someone who is maybe SCAMMING us?

I know him too well
    I'm sure
    All you need to do is to pay him insurance fee for your winning
    And it will be deliver
    Okay

Ok, How much to insure it?

$798

WHAT???

And the facebook insurance company will be paying $400 to make it easy for all facebook users to get their winning asap
    (Wow - THAT price sure dropped F-A-S-T!)

Why does a CHECK need to be INSURED? The only person who can cash a check is the person it is made payable to.

This is a facebook check there are lot of people who has benefited from this and they all do the same thing
    So if you're ready to claim your winnings I will like to know

zUntitled - 371.jpg

How about they just make the check out for $149,602?
    (take the insurance out of the winnings amount?

Your winning and Other Relevant Documents coming with your fund is Protected by a Hardcover insurance Policy , which makes it impossible to deduct any Amount from your money

zUntitled - 372.jpg

^ This looks like a problem!
    (somebody photoshopped the Facebook logo onto that photo)

What??
    I can see you ain't ready

You can't see that it is the same photo?

They photo shopped our picture
    That's a facebook winner

Chicago lottery winner shares her plans after getting the good news

^ No, the original photo is from the Chicago lottery. There's the news story.

zUntitled - 377.jpg

You're not ready to claim your winnings

So how long have you been a Yahoo Boy and if you message 1000 mugus telling them they have won a contest they have never entered, how many of them are stupid enough to send you money?

zUntitled - 377.jpg

Your papa
    Omo ale
    Way day disturb me here
    You say waste my time

You dipshit. You are a real amateur at scamming.
    The more of your time I can waste, the fewer people get scammed.

Lol
    Where are you from bro

Virginia

USA??

Yes. Don't call the number I gave you, some poor soul I don't know in Sunnyvale, CA will answer.

Lol.... Okay
    Which work do you do
    Dating or what?

You're in Lagos?

Yes

I retired at age 41 ... QUITE a few years ago.

Which work
    Your a hacker?

I did a lot of different things before I got lucky in the stock markets in the 90s.
    No, I don't hack.

Give me your real number Lets be friends

My friend, I am sure that you will understand that because of the nature of your business, I can't give you my real phone number.

Okay I do understand
    Can we be friends here
    How do you know where I'm from and what do you know about scamming

I first started learning about online scamming in 1998.
    So seriously, if you contact 1000 people with the lottery story, how many take the bait and send you money?

Really

yep

Well I'm an amateur still working to get money
    I haven't gotten any money before

I am sure you have seen the Yahoo Boys who live in some of those big mansions in Lagos, though.

Yes
    I wish to live there too

Man - some of these mugus give up even 100s of THOUSANDS of dollas before they throw in the towel!

Yes I'm looking for someone to put me through the way to earn big

You haven't found a boss to work for?

Not yet

Most young Yahoo boys start out working for a boss - sometimes ten of them look for mugus for one boss.
    So how old are you?

Wow, that's young, man.

Yeah bro
    Need someone to help me
    I need money

So if you went home today and told your mother. "Mom, I made $1,000 usd today scamming silly old poor white women from the usa online!" ... what would she think?

Won't tell her
    Will keep that to my self

I asked that because I have never really understood how some of the successful Yahoo Boys can get to where they are "ok" with knowing that some of their mugus are desperately lonely old white women who put themselves stoned broke sending money just because they want to believe.
    Well let's forget about that
    What's up
    Anything you can do for me

My friend, I could not feel good about mentoring you to be a better scammer, but I do wish I could somehow convince you to get an education that would allow you to do something to make money that you could feel proud of.

zUntitled - 377.jpg

Thanks
    Can you help me coming oversea

Have you ever done any other kind of work?

Not profitable

What kind of work have you done that was not profitable enough?

Supermarket
    I earn 1000
    [naira?]monthly which isn't up to $40

Wow - that is not even as good as minimum wage in India or the Philippines.
    (which is about$140/month)

THU 1:41AM

Can you see why I do this kind of work

THU 11:25AM

I understand that $40/month is a lot less than the 1,500 naira/month Nigerian minimum wage and that you would want to make more money.

Thank for understanding
    Is there anyway to assist

What I don't understand is why so many scammers there can decide that it is ok to do things to people they don't know on the internet that they could never do to their own family members.

What do you mean
    You would not scam your own mother - what makes it ok to scam someone else's mother?

................. END CHAT ..............

I guess "Briget Scott" took the bait because he's just a young newbie at the Yahoo Boy game. It concerns me a bit that it looks like the newer generation of Nigerian scammers appears to be more fluent in English than the old guard and seem to be a bit more on top of things when it comes to having quicker responses to "speed-bump questions".

SD

"No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken

42. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10 Questions That Can Identify Fake Dog Rescues

Altering dogs is one of the most important thing people can do to reduce the number of unwanted dogs euthanized in animal shelters.

You should avoid dog rescues that don’t have strict spay/neuter policies because they’re more concerned about making money than reducing the number of dogs euthanized in shelters.

At the very least, the dog you adopt should be up to date on its core vaccines, which are the ones all dogs must have. They are:

Rabies
    Canine Distemper Virus
    Parvovirus
    Parainfluenza Virus
    Adenovirus-2

https://www.seattledogspot.com/10-qu...e-dog-rescues/

Article pulled from this page.
    https://www.facebook.com/RescueAbuse/

44. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Color me skeptical that Facebook will be deleting scams and scammers from its pages anytime soon.

Facebook now deletes posts that financially endanger/trick people

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/09/fa...er/?yptr=yahoo

46. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't fault a homeless guy for this, hopefully Mcclure and D'amico dont get off as light.

mcclure and damico.JPG

MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) -- A homeless man was sentenced to five years' probation Friday after admitting last month that he conspired with a couple to scam the public out of $400,000 in donations by concocting a feel-good story about him helping a motorist in distress. https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeless-...051656391.html

48. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good article with some useful links.

Identity Theft: Act Now to Protect Yourself
    https://www.kiplinger.com/article/cr...-yourself.html

50. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post