Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Ginny Paul - This Disturbs Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny Paul - This Disturbs Me.

We are all familiar with Ginny Paul. She's a Serial Ponzi Pimp who associates with a variety of the persistent Ponzi Pimps like Will Hunt, Sheila Zimmer, Rich Granatelli, Michelle Orkline, Wendy Lewis, Arla Mendenhall, Sheri Bonay and Deb Williams.

ProfHenryHiggins and littleroundman put together a nice anthology of her scamming here.

Ginny has been playing "ride the Ponzi" long enough to where she has gotten pretty good at it (get in early, get your money out FAST and cash out at the first sign of trouble, leaving everyone else holding the bag). You may recall that when the first four crooks on the above list launched Blessing Gold Club, Ginny was number five on the matrix pecking order of who was due to "get paid" first. Needless to say, the admins did very well.

So since BlessingGoldClub went titz-up leaving over 1000 participants at a loss, here's an abbreviated look at what Ginny Paul has been up to over the last few months via screen caps of her FaceBook page:

Now for certain, Serial Ponzi Pimps like Ginny Paul disturb me as they go about ripping off the people who are gullible enough to follow them into these SCAMS, but ...
    "No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ginny Paul - This Disturbs Me.

... on April 19th at 10:24 a.m., Ginny Paul posted on her FaceBook Page to let her friends know that her son Paul had died the night before, apparently related to a drug addiction problem.

I have children. There is no doubt in my mind that if one of them preceded me in death, it would be the worst thing I could possibly imagine.
    I don't know Ginny Paul or her son personally, but I am genuinely sorry for her loss and for his life being cut so horrendously short.

However ... eight hours later, Ginny Paul was posting a link on her FaceBook page

to the GoFundMe campaign she had set up for the purpose of having her friends pay for a custom "baseball" headstone and fancy funeral for her deceased son:

She re-posted the appeal on FaceBook with a new photo and added a link to the appeal on her twitter feed the next day:

History has proven Ginny Paul to be a shrewd Ponzi player and promoter and her FaceBook portrayal of herself and her family doesn't even hint of a lower or lower middle-class economic lifestyle that one would associate with a need for charity. My impression (however flawed or slanted it may be) is that once one of these hucksters gets used to jacking their money out of the pockets of others over the internet ... they just can't stop.

This disturbs me.

SD

"No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken

4. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipdit View Post
    damn busy dog.
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

6. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

... on April 19th at 10:24 a.m., Ginny Paul posted on her FaceBook Page to let her friends know that her son Paul had died the night before, apparently related to a drug addiction problem.

I have children. There is no doubt in my mind that if one of them preceded me in death, it would be the worst thing I could possibly imagine.
    I don't know Ginny Paul or her son personally, but I am genuinely sorry for her loss and for his life being cut so horrendously short.

However ... eight hours later, Ginny Paul was posting a link on her FaceBook page

to the GoFundMe campaign she had set up for the purpose of having her friends pay for a custom "baseball" headstone and fancy funeral for her deceased son:

She re-posted the appeal on FaceBook with a new photo and added a link to the appeal on her twitter feed the next day:

History has proven Ginny Paul to be a shrewd Ponzi player and promoter and her FaceBook portrayal of herself and her family doesn't even hint of a lower or lower middle-class economic lifestyle that one would associate with a need for charity. My impression (however flawed or slanted it may be) is that once one of these hucksters gets used to jacking their money out of the pockets of others over the internet ... they just can't stop.

This disturbs me.

SD

of course I'll be the douche that says it but what proof is there she even had a son? and if you are really in the dire straits you allege to be, why do you need the overpriced headstone and demand to have it? I'm sorry but these scammers really are shitbags.

8. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just creepy.
    I tell you emphatically that this is the END of those evil doers, we must Apprehend and prosecute them accordingly.

10. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    of course I'll be the douche that says it but what proof is there she even had a son? and if you are really in the dire straits you allege to be, why do you need the overpriced headstone and demand to have it? I'm sorry but these scammers really are shitbags.
    This doesn't take away from the creepiness of what's been posted, but there is an obituary in the Delaware County Times at legacy.com:
    Douglas Paul Obituary - Upper Darby-Primos, PA | Delaware County Daily Times

And I was able to get to it from the obituary section here: The Delaware County Daily Times: Breaking News, Sports, Business, Entertainment & Delaware County News

Post Thanks / Like

a scammer finally told a truth. color me shocked.

13. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    and if you are really in the dire straits you allege to be, why do you need the overpriced headstone and demand to have it? I'm sorry but these scammers really are shitbags.
    This lady is a piece of work, and I have no idea what to make of the thought process (if any) of those that are following her. If she can't write a check for $17,000 for some headstone what business does she have giving money advice to others? Being a top of the pyramid pimpette that should be a rounding error. It scares me to think how broke the people sending her money might be.

Would it not honor her son's memory more to ask that donations go to a drug and alcohol treatment program to help other families?
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

15. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    That's just creepy.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Gina.

SD

17. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She truly is a lowlife scammer! I can't believe she would use gofundme to take other people's money to purchase a custom headstone (expensive). All the money she has stolen in all these recent ponzis and she has the audacity to beg for more.

19. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't have said it better myself, Gina.

SD

interesting. that's money that could have gone to the apparently don't really have to have headstone.

21. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell you emphatically that this is the END of those evil doers, we must Apprehend and prosecute them accordingly.

23. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by busttheblock View Post
    She truly is a lowlife scammer!
    There's really no need to go further than that, really.

It's not like people such as Ginny Paul live ordinary suburban lives and only scam part time as a hobby.

A scammer is a scammer is a scammer and she's right up there with the best of them
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

25. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am somewhat pleased to report that I haven't noticed Ginny Paul promoting any Ponzi or pyramid SCAMS since I last posted.

Could GoFundMe appeals be her new online business model?

This time it's "her son-in-law's brother".

The good news is that the need for an expensive funeral has apparently decreased by 70% since the last time around.

She only asking for $5,000 this time, as opposed to the $17,000 she needed to bury her son.

SD

Post Thanks / Like

First the good news:

I haven't run across any signs of Ginny Paul promoting Ponzi schemes recently.

... but ... the raising of funds under the auspices of burying overdosed heroin addicts continues.

$15,000 this time:

I would appreciate input on this being an issue with me.

Am I just a hard-ass with no empathy when I confess that I couldn't give less of a sh*t about a male human being who has a young son depending on him who decides that sticking needles full of heroin in his arm makes sense?

What kind of person does that take?

I think we can look to Doug Paul's facebook page for some insight into that question.

As a heroin addict, Doug accumulated 731 "friends" on his page. He has been dead for six months now.

-> -> How many of those 731 "friends" took the time to post:

"So long, friend"

or

"Godspeed, dear man"

or

"Sure going to miss those ball games with you, Doug"

or

"Why, Doug Why?"

or

"Oh, Sweetie, I don't know how I am going to make it without you ... "

-> -> Not a single one.

No "friend" at all posting a message of sadness or loss on his Facebook page (or any post from anyone since before he died, for that matter).

People like that don't have any real friends, in my opinion. They care only about themselves and where their next high is going to come from.

They tend to be users of people to suit their own needs.

... kind of like the people who promote Ponzi schemes to their "friends" so that they can make money off of what they know will be their "friend's" loss.

Oh well.

SD

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again RS has scooped the WSJ by a few mnths.

I don't see Ginny's name, but readers can certainly get the idea. Maybe better to send money directly if they want to offer someone support?

Crowdfunding Sites Like GoFundMe and YouCaring Raise Money—and Concerns - WSJ
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

30. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perpetuating my obsession with following up on stuff:

one year after the urgent appeal for $17,000,(an unspecified portion of which was destined for "the headstone with a baseball" that "is way above what we thought"),

not only did Doug not get the baseball headstone that was so expensively critical,

he got buried at Glenwood Memorial Gardens, where above-ground headstones are not allowed.

How much of the $14,410 that was raised do you think got sent back to the kindly contributors?

SD

32. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post