Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning: Gi2c China Internship - Just Another China Job Scam - But Pricey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warning: Gi2c China Internship - Just Another China Job Scam - But Pricey!

212YoyaoHsuehThe-Man-With-The-Iron-Fists-13a.jpg
    "CHINA WANTS YOU FOR MANY INTERESTING INTERNSHIPS!"

This group gets the 2015 China Creative Scam Award for the most creative and deceptive fraud online today. They really went through a lot of effort to make their "China Internship" and "China Back Door Job" program very alluring. This is a 5 star scam folks so spread the word before some university grad you know does not swallow the appetizing bait next. I am not the first to stumble upon this scheme but I am so impressed with it, I have to add my two cents...

First, the web site htp://gi2c.org went on line less than 2 years ago and it is a gem for sure. Very colorful and appealing and just full of video testimonials, links to reviews and all their blogs and happy shill customers. But the ".org" is a lie in itself. This is not an organization, nor an NPO, nor and NGO. According to the leasing offices at the Galaxy Soho, the company is a "commercial enterprise" with the name of "Getin2China" which if you Google, will see they have been peddling illegal visas in years past. The company is owned by a Russian name Yuri Khlystov and a Chinese partner only known as Ben Tsao. They previously operated their black visa business from an office in Dongzhimen according to former Chinese employee "Hellen" who claims she was a "customer service manager" but left when the company "started doing really risky visa stuff" (i.e. selling visas to Russian prostitutes). BTW... here is a photo of the owners (Hellen said she took this photo). The "WhoIs" website registration info is found at the bottom of this post that confirms the ownership. The owners are the first two from the left in the second row.

Here is a photo of where the boiler room is now located - in the D2 Tower of the Galaxy Soho building in suite no. 50927 (9th Floor) where approximately 20 people are employed in this office, but the inside source says the faces are constantly changing.

This link The Gi2C Team - Gi2C Staff - Getin2China and the next post identifies the telemarketing and administrative staff. You will note that some employees do not use their real names and one girl uses two names (Mary & Merry) and has two different photos. Why she pretends to be two different people is not yet known. There are also people who answer the phone and use names that the management says "no longer work here" even though their names and images are still being used on the website and various ads. These names include Paul, Joe, Jane, Zach, Max, Jean, Thomas, Priti, Andrew, Abbie, Johnathan, Tommy, Cheryl, etc. Some rumors say these people were arrested and others that they "resigned". We know for sure that "Tommy" pictured below was arrested and sent to prison for selling illegal visas in 2013. Although management says Tommy was not an employee, I called their office two weeks ago and when I asked for "Tommy" in Chinese, I was told "he is out doing an errand and gone for the day" I was advised to call back the next day! When I called back the next day for Tommy, I was told there was "nobody in the company by that name"! Here is a photo of convicted felon "Tommy"

Now here is another photo on the Gi2C.org web site that has absolutely nothing to do with the company and I hereby challenge Mr. Yuri to explain why they claim to be "partners" with SMU when they have no knowledge of your company sir and are amazed you put one of their photos from their old website on your website!

The next curious thing is that on the homepage of Gi2C, they present that they have offices "world-wide" with all these offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Canada, etc. They put up the phone numbers of all their "overseas operations" as you can see below. But when I did a reverse look up on these numbers, only the Beijing number is NOT a "virtual number" - a number that you lease from RingCentral.com for $49 a month. There are no overseas offices. These telephone numbers exist only in Cyberspace and are forwarded to 86-010-5288-9011 in Beijing or to mobile numbers of sales people after hours. They do have an apartment rented in Shanghai used as a sales office as well, but their Shanghai manager "Jane" recently resigned and would not say why.

Los Angeles: +1 213 5597277 New York: +1 917 5039747 Canada: +1 888 7899596

London: +44 203 6087372 Helsinki: +358 9 42450737 Tokyo: +81 3 45798488

Beijing: +86 10 52889011 Shanghai: +86 21 60542444

The scam itself is three-fold... First there is a grab for your "100% Refundable Deposit" which is usually $300 but can be as much as $999 if you are super gullible. This deposit, you are told "is to hold you highly coveted internship slot - so nobody else can get it." In reality, this deposit is what make up 50% of their income and keep the rent paid. According to a former employee, over $50,000 in deposits are taken in every week - and the only a handful of people out of over 3,000 ever got a deposit refunded, and those are the people who either came their with the police, posted complaints at Weibo, or made daily complaints on their Facebook page.

The second part of the scam is that customers are not told the total costs of the program until after the deposit is made. That is when they find out that their internship comes with a huge price tag that after 90 days will be in the neighborhood of $8,000!!! Aside from their $3,700 fee the customer must also buy round-trip plane tickets, pay for two months apartment rental + one month security deposit, meals for 90 days, and subway transit costs to and from their work assignment. Gi2C will supply a furnish room in a shared apartment for the first 30 days but it is nothing special and you do not get to pick your roommates, some of which have pets.

The third part of the scam is that customers are misled to believe they will intern with some huge international company and "probably" get a job offer at the end of their internship. Jobs seldom materialize (less than 5% of their internships end with job offers says the former employee). But the quality of the internships themselves are usually a big let down and interns often get placed with different companies than they were promised and only find out after they arrive in Beijing. Gi2c interns spend most of their time making coffee, deliveries, sales calls, copies, or used as mall monkeys to pass out advertising materials to people who pass by. They already have your money at this point and there is not much you can do. In fact, the former snitch employee says that about half of Gi2C interns abandon their internships within two weeks and become tourists or English tutors rather than endure the exploitation at the companies they are assigned. There are few happy exceptions. These people are SOME of the ones who make the video testimonials, but most are local actors paid $500 for their performance.

There is also something that is outright criminal here. The customers are told not to mention they are going to work as interns when they apply for their visas. They are instructed to lie to the Visa officers at the consulates and request an "M" visa saying they are going to China to participate in some art festival, museum workshop, or Chinese culture exchange program. In fact, some of their interns were arrested and deported when caught working without the correct visa.

Now then, if you look at the internships offered by Gi2C.org on their web site, you will see that they never change. It is he same internships and frankly, their former webmaster, a nice fellow from the UK admitted that he also quit because "80% of those internship jobs were fabricated by Yuri and Zach" A Global Times Newspaper article boasts about "Wall Street Companies" that sponsor their finance interns, but when you ask their sales people to name these companies they quickly change the subject. Most all the Gi2C internship placements are with companies you never heard of.

But here is the kicker... The real legitimate internships available in China, the ones that actually lead to job offers, are offered for FREE by real international companies like Intel, Huawei, Panasonic, HP, Deloitte, etc. and you only need to email the HR staff for details and an application. Of course, you will still have to pay your own air fare, but if you get hired that air fare will be reimbursed. See: http://chinainternshipreviews.wordpress.com for the best rated real internships. In any overseas programs, you always expect a few people to complain. But in the case of Gi2c, the majority complains, and Steve admitted that the company daily has a full time hacker monitoring the internet to find and delete negative comments. Just watch their Facebook page for any 10 day period and you will see just how quickly complaints are zapped.

Last but not least there are legal issues to take into account. Although Gi2c tries to sell 6 month internships to Eastern Europeans, Arabs and Pakistanis, who just want entry visas into China, the Chinese law specifically states "No internship can exceed 90 consecutive days". Also, Chinese law now prohibits unpaid internships unless the intern is enrolled in a university exchange program hat requires a foreign internship. In all other cases, interns must be paid a minimum monthly stipend of 2,000 rmb. We can go on here with more lies found on the Gi2C website, but they changed their terms and conditions three times in the last year. If you want to meet the insider (former employee) just visit here: http://scam-detector.com/forums/forum/employment-scams/366-gi2c-org-and-other-china-internship-scams-exposed-by-former-u-k-employee

Here is the former logo of the company which changed its name after the police problems with Tommy:

If you want to waste your time and money and enjoy talking to friendly people on the phone, Gi2C is for you. Otherwise steer clear and find yourself a real China job internship for free mates.

gi2c.org Internet Registry whois:

Updated 10 days ago - Refresh
    Domain ID: D168532339-LROR
    Creation Date: 2013-04-25T07:45:45Z
    Updated Date: 2015-02-23T12:15:02Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2016-04-25T07:45:45Z
    Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
    WHOIS Server:
    Referral URL:
    Domain Status: ok -- http://www.icann.org/epp#ok
    Registrant ID:tuFbyFrfuKWSkACc
    Registrant Name:Yuri Khlystov
    Registrant Organization:n/a
    Registrant Street: Unit 50927, 9th Floor, Building D2, Galaxy SOHO
    Registrant City:Beijing
    Registrant State/Province:XX
    Registrant Postal Code:100010
    Registrant Country:CN
    Registrant Phone:+86.15010532542
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email:email@getin2china.com
    Admin ID:tuirzHKGMXlhOwFP
    Admin Name:Yuri Khlystov
    Admin Organization:n/a
    Admin Street: Unit 50927, 9th Floor, Building D2, Galaxy SOHO
    Admin City:Beijing
    Admin State/Province:XX
    Admin Postal Code:100010
    Admin Country:CN
    Admin Phone:+86.15010532542
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email:email@getin2china.com
    Tech ID:tuoVvZZ7b1i95K1r
    Tech Name:Yuri Khlystov
    Tech Organization:n/a
    Tech Street: Unit 50927, 9th Floor, Building D2, Galaxy SOHO
    Tech City:Beijing
    Tech State/Province:XX
    Tech Postal Code:100010
    Tech Country:CN
    Tech Phone:+86.15010532542
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax:
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email:email@getin2china.com
    Name Server:NS1.EM35.SGDED.COM
    Name Server:NS2.EM35.SGDED.COM

DNSSEC:Unsigned
    Last edited by littleroundman; 03-25-2015 at 12:41 AM.

2. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Warning: Gi2c China Internship - Just Another China Job Scam - But Pricey!

The man himself:

Last edited by littleroundman; 03-25-2015 at 12:43 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not surprised at all! This is the review i made about my experience with them. I was able to make it but i know i have been extremely lucky and blessed.

1. VISA:

They will tell you to get a visa m which is impossible unless your boss in your country of residence is nice enough to give you a letter attesting he is sending you abroad to attend a marketing course which is illegal by the way!!!! So you would probably have to come under a different visa.

2. Accomodation:

A lot of people think that the accomodation is individual and i did based on the first description the make about accomodation: " Having your your own accomodation upon arriving means that you can get right down to excelling at your internship in China. During this time, Gi2C can help you find alternative accomodations - based on your budget - for the duration of your time being in Beijing or Shangai." But if you pay enough attention and go on the next pages you will understand that it is shared. If you want your own flat like i wanted you would have to pay an additional 3000 rmb.

3 . The placement:

Gi2c has a very good network with marketing departments of a lot of companies and it makes sense because it is the easiest work to get for a foreigner in china. Most of the time they will come up to you and tell you they have something for you in a finance company in the marketing department and you will end up not doing what you want. I was placed in a company located in a bad area, the building was disgusting and they even gave us individual toilet paper to go to the bathroom.

4. The support system for accomodation :

They will send you some internet links but after that you are on your own. I was lucky enough to be helped by a friend's uncle who helped me find a flat 1000 rmb cheaper than the only flat kris found for me after i complained about the lack of support in regards to the accomodation hunting process.

5. Complaining and refund:

I was lucky enough to find a much better internship placement with one of their competitors in a very good company in my field. I will not name their competitor in order not to sound as if i am advertising on their behalf.

Once i informed Gi2c that i indeed found a much better placement. The first thing kris asked me was to send him the job description of my new internship so that he could look for the closest position possible in order for me not to leave gi2c. Which is a shame because i had been telling them what i wanted since August 2014 and it was already February 2015.

6. The refund and the consequences:

So after proving to Gi2c that they indeed did not provide me with the service they promise they would, i was given a refund of 5500 rmb the exact amount i asked to pay their competitor who found me a much better internship. I thought i had lost my premium package privileges after a meeting with kris but there was a misunderstanding because after meeting again with kris and yuri i was told i could still attend the monthly events and could still ask for any guidance i would need regarding my visa etc.

7. Conclusion:

That being said an internship in China is really GREAT experience you just have to be extremly careful about the internship offer and not be shy to reject an offer if you do not fully feel comfortable with it. My experience with Gi2c was not good but they admitted their mistake and i think i could have had a better internship if i had been more careful with the position they offered me.

6. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,yeyehoo86 and welcome to REALSCAM.com

It seems the underlying message here is to be bloody careful, things may not be what they seem at first and you're a long way from home if things go wrong, so it would be in your own interest to be EXTRA bloody careful

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Tank! You beat me to it. I saw some red flags about these guys at some student union forums and was about to write them up here when I saw your post. Good job. These guys are slick eh? Look at all those magnificent reviews they wrote about themselves. I suppose they never dreamed anyone would call all those phone numbers and realize the same person was answering the phone in 7 countries! Anyway, here's my two cents Never, ever pay for an internship - National entry level careers | Examiner.com.

I also confirmed that all those foreigners pictured in the "Our Team" photo bailed. They are now running job ads all over the place. Expats in China are either really dumb or super apathetic to go work for these scumbags. Anyone know where to get an email list of all the student unions so we can really get the word out? There diet seems to be mostly fresh grads.

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's some choice comments from their own customers: Gi2C Group Alumni Network | GoOverseas.com

12. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update On Gi2C China Internship Scam - China Scam Patrol Report

I just obtained a copy of this report which speaks for itself. Also see the comments of victim Winnie Maliko at ESLwatch.info.CSP_1.jpgCSP_2.jpgCSP_3.jpgCSP_4.jpg

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Proof Positive That Gi2C China Internship Program is NOT a scam...

Sorry to to tell you guys, but according to a former GI2C employee, they are absolutely not a scam. Read for yourself the last post of the below post. How could we have been so stupid!?! Tank you moron! Gi2c China Internship Scammers Hired Hackers To Delete Negative Comments On Internet - Scam Detector Forums

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Well, as long as they're cheating people "legally". Reminds me of a guy who once asked me if "all envelope stuffing schemes are scams...and if so, do they pay well?"

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustTooMuchTime View Post
    Well, as long as they're cheating people "legally". Reminds me of a guy who once asked me if "all envelope stuffing schemes are scams...and if so, do they pay well?"
    I wouldn't get to excited about the posts from these CFTU people. I've suspected for 7-8 months now (actually almost two years now) that they may be the same people behind the now defunct 'China Trade Commission (CTC)".

Latest update;
    A Admin (arvi) at thebeijinger.com recently (in the last month) posted this;
    Note:
    Due to Chinese internet protocols here is the link to the thread: Gi2c China Job Internships Are NOT A Scam! | the Bejinger
    at
    Here is the post that locked the thread;
    As to the 'CTC', myself, 'mumbles', and 'Meri Widow' dealt with them heavily back in late 2011 in this thread pages 2-13. Needless to say that 'mumbles' found that half a dozen members were posting from the same IP. I later found that over a dozen members posting in that thread were in fact posting or registered from the same IP.

The sad part is that they (the CFTU) don't really seem to care about any of the victims of these scams. And, yes, some of the 'companies' they have posted about could very well be scams. But, they (the CFTU) don't really appear to care about that.

No offers of assistance nor aid is given or even offered by the CFTU, complete empathy on their part.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoMaxim
    Needless to say that 'mumbles' found that half a dozen members were posting from the same IP. I later found that over a dozen members posting in that thread were in fact posting or registered from the same IP.
    And further investigation would have found the IP was, in fact, a popular proxy or series of proxies used by many 'net users inside China to avoid revealing either identification or location of the poster/s and as a workaround for the heavy censorship of Chinese 'net traffic.

23. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not trollin here but nobody mentioned anything about any "CFTU" and I don't think this China Internship fraud has anything to do with foreign teachers amigo.

RE: The Beijinger posts. I read that mess and there is clearly a troll in there impersonating a Gi2c employee. The owner of the company started doing the right thing with an apology and when things went South the Gi2c banner ads start appearing on the site and the moderator locks the thread and makes comments that nobody can respond to. Why? See: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=644914 Gi2c dumped at least $10,000 on ads on beijinger the same time the thread was locked and suddenly moderated.

The meat and potatoes of this farce can be seen with actual victims and their documents at Fraud Warning...Gi2C and Other China Job Internship Scams - Beware People! (1/4) - ESLwatch - ESLwatch - Information, News, Forum and School Reviews

25. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Warning: Gi2c China Internship - Just Another China Job Scam - But Pricey!

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    And further investigation would have found the IP was, in fact, a popular proxy or series of proxies used by many 'net users inside China to avoid revealing either identification or location of the poster/s and as a workaround for the heavy censorship of Chinese 'net traffic.
    At that time (4 years ago) the IP resolved to a DNS server belonging to Rogers Cable in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Hilarious where it goes now.

Not too surprised, about 8 years ago I ended up with an IP that also resolved to Canada for awhile. It was rather annoying because we couldn't rent and d/l movies for about a month, the service (don't remember the name, Blockbuster ended up buying it and hell Blockbuster is long gone) we were using kept telling us we weren't in the US and couldn't get the movies because of copyrights.

Heck, IPv6 rolled out almost 3 years ago and hardly anyone is using it as yet, most places are still using IPv4. Hardware wise, IPv6 isn't a problem. Any device made in the last 10 years can handle it. What's likely been happening here is that the ISP's in the more populated parts of the world have been buying IPv4 IP blocks in bulk from the less populated parts that don't need them.

The numbers;
    IPv4 has 4,300,000,000 total IP address's available, give or take.
    IPv6 has 3.4×10 to the 38th power total IP address's available.
    IPv6 (Wiki)

Its been known that the world would run out of IPv4 address's for about 30 years now.
    IPv4 address exhaustion (Wiki)

As of last June (2014) the US only had slightly above 6% of its internet traffic on IPv6.
    pcworld.com/article

And look a the bright side, IPv6 (Wiki)
    IPv6 addresses are represented as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits separated by colons, for example 2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7334, but methods to abbreviate this full notation exist.
    That would most likely drive MMB up the wall.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 04-15-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added pc world articl/info
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

27. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The latest posts on this company is that they are using a combination of 3 company names and a bank in Hong Kong (HSBC) to avoid legal actions and asset seizures and to avoid paying taxes. See the last three posts at Fraud Warning...Gi2C and Other China Job Internship Scams - Beware People! (4/4) - ESLwatch - ESLwatch - Information, News, Forum and School Reviews

I think the guy who is trying to link this crap to some organization is a sock puppet of gi2c. Like Seattle said he was called on the carpet at thebeijinger and then all that new advertising from the internship company started popping up all over the place. But roundman is right - every expat in China uses VPN because they would otherwise be blocked from their Facebook, twitter, gmail, and even the New York Times. The Chinese take censorship to the extreme.

IMHO... I sincerely believe all the below questions asked at two different web sites are valid and reasonable questions to most people.
    The sooner Gi2c answers them, the sooner they can clear themselves (if they are not guilty of any fraud).

The below comments are quoted from ESLwatch.info:

Thanks for the "explanation" Gi2c, but can we at least have a signature on this letter because at thebeinger, you guys started to do the right thing an apologized to everyone and offer refunds but then later when things did not work as you probably expected, you said that was someone else posting - more than two weeks after you started the thread. So who issued the above letter and is there a reason you do not use signatures?

On page of one this thread many questions were raised about your company and I guess it took me a while to read everything here so I have some questions of my own that I hope you can answer directly;

1- Do you deny or admit that Winnie Maliko was one of your interns?

2 - Do you deny or admit that you changed your comments about her twice at gooverseas.com once she went public with her complaints and changed your "terms and conditions" three times in the last year?

3 - Do you deny or admit that you used to me involved in the visa business at Suite 500 on Dong Zhong Street - Unit 30 in Beijing, three years ago?

4 - Do you deny or admit that your employee "Tommy" who is pictured on your website and other posts in this thread was arrested by the police for visa fraud and related criminal charges in your new office at the Galaxy Soho building?

5 - Do you admit or deny that you had a girl from Taiwan working in your office whose first name began with an "N" and whose boyfriend was an intern at Montpelier in Beijing?

6 - Can you list at least 5 of the "famous Wall Street companies" that you work with and 5 of the Fortune 500 or MNC companies that your employee Mary told people had offered jobs to previous interns?

7 - In 2014, what percentage of your interns received job offers? And how many would that be in total and out of how many interns in total for the year?

8 - Why does the same person answer the phone in all your overseas offices?

9 - Do you admit or deny deleting negative comments from your Facebook and blog pages?

10 - Do you admit or deny that many of your interns have demanded refunds and complained about the quality of their internships and housing?

11 - Do you admit or deny that former employees filed formal complaints with the Beijing labor bureau about their wages and wrongful termination?

12 - Do you admit or deny that you instructed employees in your office to use photoshop to make invitation letters?

13 - Do you admit or deny that your management posted fake video testimonials on your old website "GetIn2China.com" ?

14 - Do you admit or deny you had employed a webmaster named Steve Brown from the U.K.?

15 - Do you admit or deny that you fabricated many job descriptions that now appear on your website?

16 - Do you admit or deny that you tell clients to lie to the Chinese visa authorities about what to say when they are interviewed?

17 - Do you admit or deny that you have pressured and threatened people who made negative comments about you and your company online?

18 - Do you admit or deny that you asked someone to pay a local newspaper to do a feature article about your company?

19 - Do you admit or deny that one of your interns from Italy whose first name began with the letter "F" was placed at a "luxury goods" retail outlet that was raided by the police as a fraud and the intern was arrested, questioned and released and then the matter was reported in the local news? Why would you would place an intern in a company like that?

20 - Do you admit or deny that in the last year at least 15 of your approximately 20 employees resigned?

21 - Why did all those people resign?

22 - Do you admit or deny that an employee named "Hellen" or "Helen" worked for Gi2c or Getin2China in the past for at least two years?

23 - Do you admit or deny that no person by the name of "Haley Gilbert" ever worked for GetIn2China or Gi2c?

24 - Did your company ever falsely register past foreign employees as interns?

25 - How many of your past employees did not receive full paychecks after they resigned?

26 - Isn't it true that what you sell for $3,700, people can get for free by themselves by contacting the HR offices of larges companies operating in China or one off the many foreign chamber of commerce?

27 - Please publish a list of the "50 University Partners" your sales rep told my friend that you have cooperation with all over the world" and explain what is this "cooperation".

28 - You published a group photo of about 65 people standing in front of a famous university on your website (this one below). Please explain this photo and where did it come from and how does it relate to your business history?

SMU.jpg

29 - What are the legal names of the owners of Gi2c and under what name are your registered with the Beijing Tax Bureau and under what SAIC license number?

30 - Why does your company use a .org domain registration when it is a "for profit" operation and not a foundation, not a charity, not an NPO, and not an NGO

I hope that you can answer these questions truthfully so we can get a better understanding of your business ethics and whether people can trust to do business with your company.

Hey Mr. Moderator ...!!!...

Please don't lock this thread until the Gi2c management answers these questions. I personally would never pay for a job, much less an internship, but I am damn curious to see how they are going to explain away all these questions. Hey Sunshine... are you a lawyer by any chance?

I also see that they hired a hacker that already deleted 37 "unfavorable" comments about the company scam-detector.com/forums/forum/employmen...comments-on-internet

Also at the above link I notice that although this company is located in Beijing (mainland china), They tell people to send their money to a bank account at HSBC in Hong Kong! What's up with this - a tax dodge? So now Gi2c has 41 questions to answer!

29. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear friends and alumni!

Over the past few weeks, we have fallen victim to a malicious Internet smear campaign started by one of our competitors to discredit the legitimacy of Gi2C Group. In China, the practice of tarnishing your competitor’s reputation by unsavory means is, unfortunately, quite common and typically referred to as “black PR”. Black PR involves frequently posting erroneous and defamatory information against a company in order to hurt their business. In our opinion, it is a form of cyberterrorism.

Long articles and fake reviews from the same users, claiming to have been former Gi2C clients who have been cheated by us, have suddenly started to appear daily on different websites that focus on traveling, studying or working overseas. The forum owner of one of the sites has stated that he has received more than 100 spam posts from the same IP address that is spreading lies about our company. These defamers are saying that we are a scam or fraud and are using our name, logo and business information to fabricate stories that are exactly that – stories. Complete fiction.

After completing a thorough investigation by our team, we wanted to bring this to your attention as soon as possible in order to protect our employees as well as past and future alumni. The slandering company who is attacking us doesn’t care about the personal damage they are doing as they post insulting, untrue information that includes personal information about our team members. The dishonorable tactics engaged by our competitor demonstrates that cyberbullying exists everywhere, even at the corporate level.

We don’t take this attack on our reputation lightly and hope that you will be able to differentiate fact from fiction. Take a look at our history. We have a track record that spans over six years and have successfully placed thousands of foreign interns, 2951 to be exact, in companies who are operating in Beijing and Shanghai. Our blog, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, contain years worth of factual intern reviews and useful China information. We have also been mentioned in the media numerous times over the years. Gi2C Group is an official member of the British Chamber of Commerce in China and the China-Britain Business Council. In sum, we are a legitimate business working hard to serve our customers.

Our lawyers are in the process of bringing a civil lawsuit for defamation against the culprits who are behind this, but, as we all know, the legal process takes time and we need your immediate help to stop malicious links from spreading. This isn’t just an attack against Gi2C Group. This is an attack against any ethical business that believes in fair competition. It is also an attack against those who believe the Internet should be a place free of hate and misinformation.

What can be done to stop being manipulated by fake information on the web? We encourage you to do your research and talk to real people before accepting something as truth. When deciding whether to intern or work in China, we welcome you to talk not only us but also to our competitors and decide for yourself which company is best for you. Do your own investigation of the truth and if you have any questions, please give us a call, send us an email or stop by our offices in Shanghai or Beijing.

As with any business, we have had many proud moments, but are by no means perfect. We are humans and we are working with humans which means from time to time, misunderstandings occur. Especially in our business as there are always multiple cultures involved! However, our mission is continually improve, fix mistakes or problems as they arise, provide the best possible internship experience in China and ensure our clients are satisfied with the service we provide.

We greatly appreciate your continued support now and in the future. Several of our loyal alumni were the first to contact us that this problem existed. Thank you for your concern and dedication to righting a wrong. Our message to everyone is simply this: if you see something on the Internet alleging some problem with Gi2C, please ask us about it! We have nothing to hide and encourage open and honest dialogue.

Yours truly,

The Gi2C Team

P.S. Please do not reply or open any attachments from any email contact claiming to be Gi2C but who does not have the proper domain. All emails from our company have the same "@gi2c.org" domain name. We never use Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo or other public email accounts. If you receive an email from gi2c@hotmail.com, gi2c@gmail.com, gi2c@yahoo.com etc, delete it immediately as it may contain a virus or spam.

This is just the latest of their tactics to cause problems. The people behind this attack are using a variety of ways to defame and slander us publicly online by posting slanderous comments at various online forums using anonymous identities and now by direct mailing you and others from email accounts with our company name. Please take note and thank you for your patience and support as we continue to fight against wrongdoing.

Official public letters from Gi2C:
    Public letters

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Anthony DiMarco, DeMarco, Bruce or whoever, nice to meet you again! Just wondering, how many real people in this thread? But never mind, I know you are gonna act like innocent virgin.
    Anyway, Frankly My Dear, thank you for one more proof that you are exactly same person with Anthony DiMarco (btw, how come you are not in jail still?). See, "famous Wall Street companies" "and "5 of the Fortune 500 or MNC companies" - are exactly same sentences which were using by Anthony DeMarco regarding to what official comment from Gi2C said just day before yesterday at your favorite ESLWatch (by the way, what the hell review for internship provider is doing at the TESL forum???). But yesterday seems your moderators just deleted it and pretended there were no comments. Such a brilliant idea, Athony DeMarco! Poor guys from Gi2C, it's really expensive to be fair.

And I think it's time to make a new scam threads all over the internet: "Beware Anthony DeMarco new scam!" Firstly he smears crap about company everywhere he can (excepting social media, of course, because he can't stay unnamed there) and then offering special price 100 000 CNU for to remove his own slander. I have your emails to CRCC Asia offering help with getting off all crap about their company you've posted by yourself, you were saying it's gonna cost 100.000 rmb. Come one, Tony dude, nice business: smear all crap over the internet and get 100 000 CNU just for deleting all your posts. Seems like CRCC Asia just didn't want to pay.
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=624175
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=624175
    https://chinascampatrol.wordpress.co...elp-requested/
    Your favorite style: cheesy pictures, dozen links to your own websites and threads, loads fake users keeping discussion with long and very same articles and of course dull wordpress page.

CUCAS obviously didn't pay too.
    Let's see what did you use smearing against CUCAS.... WOW! Such a nice surprise, the same dull wordpress design
    https://chinascampatrol.wordpress.co...xpats-say-yes/
    and then we see your favorite cheesy pics:
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=588064

Then let's take a look how did you use Yahoo answers. Just go here: https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/q...QUJ5HHWGZE&t=g and see how is you dirty smearing business working, one yahoo account claiming to be cheated by loads of TESL agencies and all of sudden by Gi2C? Dude, you should be careful since all of your "kid's daughters", "roommates", "sisters", "friends" were cheated for 3000$.

If anybody real here excepting Anthony's fake accounts, just follow one of that links, it's gonna tell you EVERYTHING about Anthony DeMarco and his smear tactic:
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=1848809
    Is CUCAS legit? - Life, Work and Study in China in General - Chinese-forums.com
    Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - Shane English Principal Caught Extorting Foreign Teachers!

I hope all your former victims will get you after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gi2C Group View Post
    Dear friends and alumni!

Over the past few weeks, we have fallen victim to a malicious Internet smear campaign started by one of our competitors to discredit the legitimacy of Gi2C Group.
    Largely I stopped reading after your first sentence, this is a typical scammer goto catchphrase.

Our lawyers are in the process of bringing a civil lawsuit for defamation against the culprits who are behind this
    I caught a glimpse of this which made me laugh just enough that some pee came out.

================================================== ===============

What can be done to stop being manipulated by fake information on the web?
    First of all you would come to a site like this and leave a cogent response on how specifically your company handles its affairs to ensure people are not being scammed. Soup to nuts, walk through the process. If you are going to (allegedly) pay lawyers thousands to sue a known competitor for defamation, imagine what good a well crafted response might do to elevate your credibility.

Your industry is filled with scumbags that prey on eager young adults, you should know that. Your first post is consistent with what what we hear from every other charlatan.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

33. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    First of all you would come to a site like this and leave a cogent response on how specifically your company handles its affairs to ensure people are not being scammed. Soup to nuts, walk through the process. If you are going to (allegedly) pay lawyers thousands to sue a known competitor for defamation, imagine what good a well crafted response might do to elevate your credibility.

Your industry is filled with scumbags that prey on eager young adults, you should know that. Your first post is consistent with what what we hear from every other charlatan.
    Or perhaps not to respond at all.

By posted legal threats all over the net it begins look like nothing more then a SLAPP Suit (Wiki) in the making.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    Scammers can't help themselves, I doubt C2-D2 will be back, and if they are it will be with more look at the bad man holding the shiny object nonsense.

Readers might see the similarities of this "approach".
    http://www.realscam.com/f14/max-kitt...643/#post84536

By posted legal threats all over the net it begins look like nothing more then a SLAPP Suit (Wiki) in the making.
    Sans the actual suit, lawyers, and basis I suspect.

"It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

36. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well said nomaxim. A very good point that I completely overlooked. You know, if the company management is going to spew all that "smear campaign" manure they should pick one allegation and stick with it. First they said it was an "envious competitor", but did not name the competitor. Now three weeks later they now say it is some former pissed off employee. If I were them and truly had nothing to hide, I would start off by answering all the 40 something questions people have been asking them. Ignoring these questions just makes them look even worse IMO. There is too much documentation at this link to even think this is just some "misunderstanding" Fraud Warning...Gi2C and Other China Job Internship Scams - Beware People! (1/4) - ESLwatch - ESLwatch - Information, News, Forum and School Reviews

I am also curious why no signatures are on those company letterheads. Anyone can fabricate that sort of thing. If I was the company president defending the rep of my company I would sign the letter and even put my corporate seal on the damn thing.

38. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Well said nomaxim. A very good point that I completely overlooked.
    Butter is something you spread on things to make them taste better. Well, maple syrup and other such condiments works too.

flattery will get you nowhere - definition in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online (US);
    humorous saying
    › used to tell someone that praise will not persuade you to do anything you do not want to do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Scammers can't help themselves, I doubt C2-D2 will be back, and if they are it will be with more look at the bad man holding the shiny object nonsense.

Readers might see the similarities of this "approach".
    http://www.realscam.com/f14/max-kitt...643/#post84536

Sans the actual suit, lawyers, and basis I suspect.
    lol. your you tube reminded me of this:

Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

41. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, it reminded me of a old 'Muppets' video that had Monster dancing around to 'Tchaikovsky', I think. It was rather cool yet long and I used to use it to brand 'trolls'. Wish I could find it again.

As to the 'Muppets' I still think this is the best;

EDIT
    Then again I am a known fan of 'Queen'.
    I saw them live in '80 and '83.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Anthony aka Bruce! How is it going? Did you already get your 100k RMB or even USD?

To anybody real at this thread (excepting nomaxim, whip, Tank, Frankly my dear, Seattle, littleroundman 'cause they all are obvious Anthony DiCarlo or DeMarco, or whatever is his real name, accounts): check the article at thebeijinger with screenshots and real proofs about what's going on now. This guy, Tank aka Anthony DiCarlo, post all this slander from different accounts for to blackmail this company like he did to at least two more victims!

You've managed to delete some threads, Anthony, but I'm not alone, it's time for you to stop your dirty cyberbullying business forever.