Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1531

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

May the negative force continue to be with you, Puke LieTalker.

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Thankful 2014 and Hopeful 2015

Posted on November 27, 2014 by economicdeveloper Standard

It’s been a while since I posted and I thought or rather felt the need to express some feelings.
    I was told recently I should speak less and that if I wanted people to like me better I need to say less in social gatherings. This really made me think about my perception to others. Apparently many folks feel the need to deride me for my social persona. I believe they see it as a man with too much hubris. Nothing could be further from the truth. I love to socialize, after all I’m a professional story teller. We THRIVE on entertaining by our creative prose.
    So in an effort to set the record straight I feel the desire to speak up. Yes, apparently some may take my outspoken behavior the wrong way.

Now let me set this out for the record. I don’t speak out to draw attention to me. I speak out about what I believe in and also about things I feel others could learn from that might help themselves and even our own country to get back on track. I am passionate about not giving up on our nation. I want us to get motivated to begin making a huge turn around from the slippery slope I see America going down.

I am very thankful for my family, my job, my health and my opportunities. I will remain an optimist because anything else would be to succumb to despair. I will choose to believe we can do better and that we can still come out with an awesome future, individually and Our People in this great nation. I believe our destiny is up to us to strive to create not to be abandoned to others to decide our fate for us.

I thank God for loving me in-spite of my continuous failures. God has been there for me even when I failed to trust him to handle my best interests. While I am a behavioral scientist I still believe God is my companion and God is in control of my destiny. Anything I accomplish and/or any positive windfall that comes to me is through God and it is because of him and his unlimited ability. My Lord therefore deserves all the praise and the accolades. All glory and praise are God’s and should not ever be heaped upon me. I am nothing without God. If my beliefs offend you or make you uncomfortable, candidly I don’t care… That’s your problem. Go consort with people you believe have all the answers…I’ve already seen how that works out for most folks

Now back to my outspoken nature. Come on folks… I am an Author. I am a storyteller to my very core DNA. It’s what I love and it’s what motivates me. I of course want to develop stories that others will love, enjoy and Learn from, it’s who I am.

I speak professionally for a living almost every day of the week to live audiences, television, radio and other interviews… Communicating is my profession. To expect me to be present and silent would be unrealistic. I wouldn’t enjoy myself and probably would not seek to spend much time In such company again.

I choose to look at life as still an unfolding opportunity and I am and will try to remain a hopeful optimist. I believe we can strive to always be better. I try to look for the positive in people, but I know realistically people are not ways trustworthy or kind. They can take on misery and be a miserable lot and such people seek to make others miserable as well. I don’t and won’t allow them to suck me into their black hole of negativity.

If I have offended you or anyone else then I am sorry, but seriously get over yourself. Please just don’t invite me to your gatherings anymore if I am that offensive to your nerves. Life is to short to be in the company of such mean spirited and malicious people. Furthermore telling my wife such stuff is hateful and hurtful. She is obviously proud of me and I think respects me for my genuine integrity and demonstrated character. Your comments are an attempt to drive a wedge between us and to embarrass her for being my biggest supporter. I would never do such things to others and I don’t do such things, so STOP doing these things to me. It shows your own petty nature and just how small minded such folks truly are.

I hope all of us have a blessed, happy and prosperous 2015… Even those that I seem to annoy. May God bless all of us and of course my country… America!
    He filed totally lie-filled harassment suits against me and countless others. He is living in the Hell he created and I intend to do everything possible to make sure he cannot victimize anyone else. What an egotistical pig. I don't think his wife will be around much longer now that the gravy train has ended. His days of raking in $185.00 an hour and hundreds of thousands in bogus consulting fees have certainly ended. Second place "turkey" award for this clown:

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Almost had to pick myself up off the floor I laughed so hard after you described Ga$$bag as an egotesticle pig. While reading his post tooting his horn describing his genuswine integrity and demonstrated character, the first character that came to mind was Porky. Th..Th..Th....That's all, folks

Post Thanks / Like

Err,

"integrity" and "Don Allen Holbrook" in the same post.

Now, THAT is an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Mr Holbrook seems to be unable to come to grips with the fact the "snout in the trough" era he enjoyed for so long is over and is unlikely to return any time soon.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did I misspell egotistical and genuine? Oh, well, if the shoe (in Ga$$bag's case, the hoof) fits, why fix what ain't broken.

7. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not unless he can manage to do some business with some of Granny and Jed Clampett's kinfolk that tend the still back home, littleroundman, (you know, the ones who still don't know what a compewtur is). Hell, he found Froggy McCrady and the gang.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he should change his middle name to "Oscar" then we can call him .........wait for it...........,DOH!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heather DobrottDec 7, 2014

Well, where is the long promised mega-destination theme park, Earthquest Adventures? Your LLCs raked in a cool 1.2 million +

Don Holbrook12:23 AM

Your assumption that the project is not still moving forward is naive and short sighted. Nobody least of all me owes you any rebuttal or explanation of our activities. Go find someone else to pester and bully.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook

commented on a video on YouTube.
    Shared publicly - Apr 2, 2014

Heather Dobrott aka Soapboxmom is a woman who believes without any factual evidence to support her theories that she is correct in all her assumptions. She is a disassociated person that has had nothing to do with any of my projects. Her only role has been to harass my clients by bombing them with emails, attacking anyone who disagrees with her and tries to bully public figures such as myself to further enhance her own need for self-gratification. My clients paid for my services and gave me glowing letters of recommendation for my work on EarthQuest.

Don A Holbrook, TV45 Interview - Moving Beyond A Fragile Economy

4 comments

Don HolbrookJul 23, 2014

Funny. You have no idea what you are talking about. How about I call your employer and email hundreds of people you know and tell them a fictional story that makes you sound like a crook. Then they all decide not employ you and you suddenly find that your work is gone and you have no way to pay your bills. Once you've had something like that happen to yourself, you wouldn't make such stupid and uncalled for comments. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes then see how you feel.

Heather DobrottDec 7, 2014

Well, where is the long promised mega-destination theme park, Earthquest Adventures? Your LLCs raked in a cool 1.2 million +

Don Holbrook12:23 AM

Your assumption that the project is not still moving forward is naive and short sighted. Nobody least of all me owes you any rebuttal or explanation of our activities. Go find someone else to pester and bully.

Heather Dobrott9:51 AM+

Public money = public scrutiny!!!
    The facts as reported in The Houston Press, The Tribune, Channel 2 Investigates and numerous other publications can be shared at one's leisure. If the truth is destroying his business then that tells us just exactly what his business really is!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.realscam.com/f14/earthque...html#post80442

Earthquest Institute 501 c 3 charity..... IRS says REVOKED!!!!

So much for Holbrook's insane claim that he has never had a failed project. 1.4 million dollars of which almost 400 grand landed in his pockets and the charity is bust and the Earthquest (mega-international destination theme park) exists only on paper. Thanks in a large part to Holbrook, the charity money is lost, the taxpayers spent 3 million on world wide tours for the Chez Nous Crew and the taxpayers must satisfy 21 million in bonds whether this joke of a project comes to fruition or not.

Colossal fail!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    I just subscribed to the Red Wing Republican Eagle so I will be downloading and sharing from all these scathing articles about Don Allen and Laurie Holbrook:

Looks like Laurie is just as dishonest as her husband judging from her being found guilty of fraud and misrepresentation. Birds of a feather do flock together!!! Don Holbrook was brilliant to sue Red Wing, make lawsuit threats to other parties afterward and then ice the cake by suing numerous parties including commenting taxpayers in Texas and Nevada.

Soapboxmom
    They are both at it again in Nevada and have partners to share in their ponzie scheme. When will the feds shut these two down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The colossal meltdown continues:

Don Holbrook

Shared publicly - 9:58 AM

What Soapboxmom distorts is I have refuted her validity she just refuses to accept the truth. Her overlooking or selective choices in accuracy points to her own severe lack of credibility. Her case was dismissed in court because she lives in a state that does not allow me to sue her from the source of her defamation. When I was challenged on my truthfulness years ago I did prevail in court and prove my own validity. She is again an online bully and stalker. Anyone who steps up to validate my credibility she attacks voraciously along with her own lynch mob of fellow online thugs and vigilantes. She harasses your family, employers and friends. Her own downfall will be soon. She won't be able to hide in Texas much longer as the laws are changing and all her victims will then be able to get justice and seek restitution against her and her husband along with his own employer. 
    soapboxmom1
    1:56 PM

Holbrook is referring to Red Wing Minnesota correctly accusing him of resume fraud. The original meeting minutes are here:

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-alle...html#post21014

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-alle...html#post29307

Holbrook did not prevail in court. The attorney settled without the approval of the Red Wing board as they had not fired him in the manner prescribed in his contract. Read the quotes in the posts above from the meeting minutes and decide for yourself if Holbrook committed resume fraud.

Now, if Mr. Holbroook could kindly quote and show the changes forthcoming in these mysterious laws!
    Holbrook rambles on:

Don Holbrook
    Yesterday 5:54 PM
    Wrong they were ordered to settle by the Judge because he found their case had no merit and totally lacked any factual basis. They paid over $160,000 in damages and were forced by the judge to write and publish a formal apology in the newspaper. Get your facts straight lady.

Here are some real facts... My work has led to hundreds of successful projects being funded and over 50,000 jobs created and well over a billion dollars of economic Impact. I'm proud of that. I have out of all these projects 3 projects still in progress working on their funding of which EarthQuest is one. 1 failed project in Huber Heights because you and your cronies bombarded the local newspaper and scared the elected officials out of finishing the work. They then tried to break their contract and could not find a legal grounds to do so. We settled out of court because I had no economic upside to spend any additional legal fees on the matter because it would not be cost justified. Once Texas changes their current Law I will sue you and your husband for those damages, as I have all the proof I need to prove your meddling created the debacle. I'm glad he has a great job because you will need it to pay your legal expenses and my damages. See you in court soon. It has been fun getting you all spun up again... Just proves how easy this will be soon.

Everyone recognizes that you are a silly and deranged stalker snd all my detrimental comments are not from clients or former clients just you lady and your other sicko sidekicks.

Here are some questions for you;

How many jobs have you assisted in creating in your lifetime?

How many companies have expanded and invested in their local communities because of your hard work?

How many people have given you awards for your assistance or organizations for your lifetime of positive achievements?

None that I can find... So your commentary is just innuendos and defamation aimed at making yourself feel better. In fact I would wager that a whole bunch of people would throw a party if you quit taking good oxygen from the planet. You hurt on purpose and without regard for reality or facts. Your downfall is imminent. You have sparked me to write a great book that should become a best seller based on the inappropriate action of people like you! I'm done having fun with your silly conjecture.
    The judge did not force them to write the apology in all likelyhood. The attorneys for both sides most likely came up with a settlement without the public board's knowledge or approval. The judged most likely signed that agreement as the final order, but I doubt the judge cooked that up on his own. The public entity wanted to end the mess as cheaply as possible and get rid of Holbrook permanently. They had made the mistake of not firing him in the exact manner specified in his ludicrous contract. Though the court papers are no longer available, Holbrook has refused to release them, so we are getting his spin and tons of information from archived newspaper articles.

And Huber Heights settled because Holbrook was in bankruptcy and probably uncollectable. Why chase a pauper through court???

When is the crazy boy going to quote this mysterious law that he claims is going to change and allow him to sue me and my husband (who has no involvement in my work.)

And, for the record I haven't pocketed a dime in tax dollars and I don't need awards to stroke my ego as some do. I advocate for consumers as I only wish to make a positive contribution. Some seem extremely vexed as the public feeding trough has now been closed to them.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 01-20-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Windbag goes on:
    Don Holbrook

Shared publicly - Yesterday 9:01 PM

Notice how Soapboxmom avoids my calling her out on her lack of accuracy and unwillingness to retract when she is proven wrong. Typical bully and stalker no accountability just more rhetoric and deflection!
    soapboxmom19:30 AM
    Holbrook has yet to quote and refute any statement of fact. Whining that the Houston Press, The Tribune, Channel 2 Investigates, The Pahrump Valley Times, me and all the other journalists and publications from years back that exposed him have been inaccurate, misleading, dishonest etc. is laughable. If that was the case he would have triumphed in court numerous times now and all those publications would have written retractions. So, when have any of us been proven wrong??? LOL!!!!
    Don HolbrookStill not an answer to my call out. You have no facts to support your position and I won't debate a fool. Your news agencies you cite aren't even credible. YourHouston News a lady and a couple of kids selling a local newspaper primarily to Chamber of Commerce members, Houston News is a weekly free entertainment coupon give away, the executive mentioned in the news is more likely the Developer who was given the bond proceeds... Again you lady are a nut case. Funny and laughable that you think anyone credible should take you seriously. You have yet done compensable economic harm and for that you and anyone who acts illegally on your advice will be held liable. Your final chapter has not yet been written but your end is near.
    Soapboxmom1

Holbrook can't even get the names of the papers correct. Holbrook meant The Houston Press, The Tribune and of course the hilarious videos are on Channel 2 Investigates in Houston.

I have quoted numerous court documents, archived articles from across the country concerning your ecomonic development follies, your e-mails, information provided to the press by Frank McCrady, minutes from meetings where such lovely topics as you committing resume fraud were discussed, your inane postings on numerous sites across the net and much more.

http://www.pahrumpnv.org/images/uplo...14_Backup3.pdf

That lie-filled drivel is one of my favorites. Holbrook tells the folks In Pahrump, Nevada, where he is promoting another grand project, that the developer for Earthquest is bankrupt, as of May 2011, Contour (we) is (are) purchasing the property and that Earthquest will break ground by the first quarter of 2012. All that is fiction. The property was never purchased and the mega-international theme park Holbrook bragged of never broke ground. The bankruptcy was made public in January 2012 by Cynthia Calvert of the Tribune after an August 2011 filing. Holbrook sued her, that paper many other parties and me and as I have repeatedly pointed out was laughed out of court. 

Don HolbrookYesterday 5:38 PM

All of your sources are bogus and not investigative journalism... Not one major news source has expressed any concern with me and or my work. Again just your overreaching sensationalized extrapolation of your own imaginary relevance.

Last edited by Soapboxmom; 01-20-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook

Shared publicly - Yesterday 6:26 PM

Again SoapboxMom you make bold untrue statements. $21M is Their total indebted bond amount for EMCID, of which about $6M plus interest is related to the EQ project. The developer must pay that back once they move forward with development. In addition I only created the invectives strategy, which by the way included the required zone to pay off the bond. I am not a developer.

To get things correct you must tell the truth. Something you seem to have a very difficult time doing. By the way you are a bully by all definitions. You Attack a tone who disagrees with you personally not on the actual factual basis of the argument. You Attack their friends, their clients and go out of your way to discredit them where they work for no reason other than to wreck emotional and financial havoc on others. Your Kharma will catch up with you at some point and ruin the rest of your life. Quit stalking my family, friends, and clients. 

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook

Shared publicly - Jan 18, 2015

That's right just like tens of thousands of other projects over the past century. People spoke out against Toyota, Mercedes, Honda, Disney World, the Panama Canal, and thousands of other economic development projects over the ages! You are blowing this into some sensationalized media issue.
    soapboxmom1Yesterday 1:26 PM

How many of those were funded with millions of tax dollars up front and $21,000,000.00 in bonds???
    Don HolbrookYesterday 5:36 PM

Wow you simply refuse to accept reality. The $21M is EMCIDs bonds for all their public projects like Libraries, Facilities for the general public, business parks, infrastructure and yes $6M Paid to the former developer to pay for his advance expenses for creating and proving the business case to be presented to the capital markets. The information is still being used and the project is back on track to come to fruition hopefully early in 2015. Per their agreement the developer will repay the $6M plus interest. The tools I created for my fees are being used in other projects as well such as the other amusement park moving forward. So I know EMCID sees my value as they they have written me two letters of reference of their satisfaction with my work. Not once mentioning any buyers remorse for my services.
    Second dino-park in Jasper sunk by savvy officials - Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com

All the while, $7.635 million in municipal bonds issued by EMCID costs local taxpayers almost $600,000 in annual debt service. And no one wants to talk about the $2.5 million in cash expenditures made by EMCID for “other” expenses related to EarthQuest.
    The EMCID out of pocket is now around 3 million according to Channel 2 Investigates.

EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Montgomery County Police Reporter

For the southeast Montgomery County taxpayers there will be ay least 21,000,000 “whys” over the next 28 years, when the last payment of this bond is paid by the citizens.
    That is $21,000,000.00 for Earthquest alone!!! Holbrook cannot get his facts straight!

Don Holbrook9:40 AM

Soapboxmom again mixes her opinion in as an attempt at being valid but again she has asserted opinion for fact.

EMCID was well aware of the risk and perils of investing their $6M into EarthQuest as a game changing alternative to their economic development. The board of directors voted and accepted that risk in open meetings. They were never deceived about it by me or any of our development team consultants.

Fact: Holbrook advised them to take the land as a guarantee source of repayment the board decided not to tie the developers hands by doing so. Holbrook designed the entire incentive strategy and suggested that they require the repayment of the bond expense as proof of financial capabilities from any developer they accept. They have done that.

Fact: They have created a huge economic windfall by using Holbrook designed incentives to attract Grand Texas amusement park. This economic impact will cover any risk they had related to EarthQuest. Now when EarthQuest builds they will double their ROI. So their risk has already paid off in positive development beyond their exposure. 

Marlin Atlantis had huge loans on the land they were having trouble paying. Did Holbrook bother to check the free county land records to see if Marlin Atlantis owned the land free and clear? For such a high paid consultant it seems some very basic homework was not done!
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 01-20-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Soapboxmom says:
    Public money = public scrutiny!!!

Don HolbrookJan 18, 2015

Scrutiny does not include name calling, stalking my family and my kids or making up innuendo and stating opinions as facts. You are just a mean, malicious woman who sticks her nose into matters she has no expertise in and creates mayhem for others just to feed your own ego and with no good intentions.

Funny, but I am not making a dime off the taxpayers. I am looking out for the taxpayers who had no idea they were putting millions of dollars at risk.

soapboxmom1
    Jan 18, 2015
    The taxpayers in East Montgomery County already spent 3 million, much of that at Holbrook's behest. EMCID entourage racks up expenses at resorts, restaurants, theme parks - Monday, April 02, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com They are also on the hook for another $21,000,000.00 in bonds that must be satisfied for a project Holbrook was pushing across the country with the originator (whose dino museum that was at the heart of this originally.) Holbrook blew it up and had a hand in every pie. His LLCs raked in more than 1.2 million from this taxpayer tragedy.

It is time for transparency and accountability! Investigative reporting is not stalking! The citizens of East Montgomery County will suffer with this tragedy for years to come. Some lost their life savings investing in hotels and other businesses as the Earthquest mega-destination theme park was said to be a certainty by Holbrook and other scammers. 
    Don Holbrook
    Jan 18, 2015
    You're the most obnoxious waste of humanity You really can't handle that most everyone disagrees with you. You are simply wrong... Huge Mega projects take time and are always filled with risks and ups and downs. This project survived the most difficult economic recession of our lifetimes and is still moving forward. Once it is finally funded and operational I wonder what fault you'll find then? You have no economic development experience and really are ignorant of matters. No project tells their moves in public forums it is bad business. They present the required information at required public meetings. So once this is successful everyone will see what type person you really are... You won't admit your wrong even when it is obvious. You can bet the newspapers won't retract their stupid coverage I'll bet either, but that does not make them correct or valid. 
    soapboxmom1
    Jan 18, 2015

Holbrook and Chris Brown keep painting this as a private business matter. It is a project that thus far has been funded with millions of tax dollars spent on extravagant dinners at Chez Nous, Houston Rockets tickets, tours of theme parks across the world and more money wasted entertaining Holbrook and company and various apparently nefarious public officials.

The public has every right to know the real status of the project!

+soapboxmom1
    Maybe this will refresh Holbrook's memory:

Where is Houston's replacement for Astroworld? | News - Home

Where is Houston's replacement for Astroworld? Part 2 | News - Home

Holbrook is that overpaid executive with a hand in every pie from the Earthquest Institute (non-profit defunct charity) to every aspect of the for profit and still non-existent mega-international theme park. 

Love some Bunny! I do!

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

soapboxmom18 minutes ago

+Don Holbrook
    Holbrook suing numerous journalists, bloggers, newspapers and the John and Jane taxpayers is what is truly pathetic.

"Developer" Still Shilling Ridiculous EarthQuest Park | Houston Press

·

Don Holbrook50 seconds ago

You're like a broken record spewing the same crap over and over in an insidious circle of your own hubris. People that break the law get sued its America- a Republic built on the rule of law not popularity. Each time my law suits served the purpose the law was designed for; restitution, retraction of deceptive reporting and public apologies. You're the only one that hasn't played out yet... But I'm patient and your case and time will come soon enough. 
    Who has apologized to this lunatic? It wasn't the Houston Press, The Pahrump Valley Times or the Tribune. And, the Houston Press and Tribune never removed anything either. Holbrook looks like a complete fool!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    The facts as reported in The Houston Press, The Tribune, Channel 2 Investigates and numerous other publications can be shared at one's leisure. If the truth is destroying his business then that tells us just exactly what his business really is!
    Sooner or later sir talks a lot gas bag will pay the piper!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook47 seconds ago

Wrong again. Get your facts straight sicko stalker. Again let's focus on your list of positive contributions to humanity... Uh a Big Zero. Enough said... You can keep spewing but nobody cares about you or your opinion.

Someone seems to care about it a great deal!

Love some Bunny! I do!

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Holbrook
    nobody cares about you or your opinion.
    Is Dastardly Donny claiming to know EVERYBODY now ??

He must, otherwise how could he come to the conclusion NOBODY cares ???

For starters, HE cares, otherwise he wouldn't keep whinging and whining every time SBM points out his snout-in-the-trough days are over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baylee View Post
    Sooner or later sir talks a lot gas bag will pay the piper!
    He already is.

Reading his incoherent rantings, do you get the impression things are going well for him, that he is being flooded with offers or he has the easy access to other peoples' money he had in his Earthquest glory days ???

I certainly don't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook
    2 days ago

Soapboxmom again mixes her opinion in as an attempt at being valid but again she has asserted opinion for fact.

EMCID was well aware of the risk and perils of investing their $6M into EarthQuest as a game changing alternative to their economic development. The board of directors voted and accepted that risk in open meetings. They were never deceived about it by me or any of our development team consultants.

Fact: Holbrook advised them to take the land as a guarantee source of repayment the board decided not to tie the developers hands by doing so. Holbrook designed the entire incentive strategy and suggested that they require the repayment of the bond expense as proof of financial capabilities from any developer they accept. They have done that.

Fact: They have created a huge economic windfall by using Holbrook designed incentives to attract Grand Texas amusement park. This economic impact will cover any risk they had related to EarthQuest. Now when EarthQuest builds they will double their ROI. So their risk has already paid off in positive development beyond their exposure.

soapboxmom1
    21 hours ago

+Don Holbrook "Fact: Holbrook advised them to take the land as a guarantee source of repayment the board decided not to tie the developers hands by doing so."

Why would any competent professional suggest the land be used a collateral when the developers, Marlin Atlantis, didn't own the property outright? Marlin Atlantis was having trouble paying the nut on the land, which an Earthquest insider disclosed to me in April 2011. So, the land was about to land in foreclosure at that point. Frank McCrady kept throwing tax money at Marlin Atlantis in a desperate attempt to hang on to the property, but it was lost in a bankruptcy declared in 2011 by Marlin Atlantis for their entity (Whitestone) that owned the property.

Holbrook could have checked the records and ascertained who actually owned the property. He didn't do his homework.

That bankruptcy was also kept secret from the taxpayers until the incredible Cynthia Calvert exposed it. Holbrook sued her and her publication for it and was laughed out of court.

EarthQuest land in bankruptcy - Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com

EMCID loans top half million weeks before bankruptcy declared - Monday, April 16, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com
    Don Holbrook
    20 hours ago

You know so little about facts it's pathetic but you never add any positive things to the world. You make assumptions and vote them as facts. EMCID has very extensive and expensive legal counsel to check facts as you suggest. Not my job to do legal reviews. I suppose next you'll blame me for the missing WMDs in Iraq or the global economy meltdown. You're just pathetic I can't waste anymore time answering your opinion blog.

soapboxmom1
    19 hours ago

+Don Holbrook
    Holbrook suing numerous journalists, bloggers, newspapers and the John and Jane taxpayers is what is truly pathetic.

Don Holbrook
    19 hours ago

You're like a broken record spewing the same crap over and over in an insidious circle of your own hubris. People that break the law get sued its America- a Republic built on the rule of law not popularity. Each time my law suits served the purpose the law was designed for; restitution, retraction of deceptive reporting and public apologies. You're the only one that hasn't played out yet... But I'm patient and your case and time will come soon enough. 
    soapboxmom1
    19 hours ago

+Don Holbrook
    Who has apologized to this buffoon? It wasn't the Houston Press, The Pahrump Valley Times or the Tribune. And, the Houston Press and Tribune never removed anything either.
    Don Holbrook
    19 hours ago

Wrong again. Get your facts straight sicko stalker. Again let's focus on your list of positive contributions to humanity... Uh a Big Zero. Enough said... You can keep spewing but nobody cares about you or your opinion.
    Don Holbrook
    3 days ago

All of your sources are bogus and not investigative journalism... Not one major news source has expressed any concern with me and or my work. Again just your overreaching sensationalized extrapolation of your own imaginary relevance.
    soapboxmom1
    10 hours ago

+Don Holbrook
    If the Houston Press and Tribune are bogus then why didn't Hot Air Holbrook sue them again in Texas in 2012 after he was laughed out of court in Ohio?

Texas Defamation Law | Digital Media Law Project

Ooooopsie too late! LOL!!!!!
    Don Holbrook
    6 hours ago

Because the legal team for them settled the matter privately and yes they are both bogus and not investigative quality reporting, just a bunch of advertising driven sales people who just use the so-called newspaper as their cash cow front.
    soapboxmom1
    3 hours ago

+Don Holbrook
    Please allow me to clarify. The them is only the Houston Press and their ace reporter and my good bud, Craig Malisow. Holbrook was chasing Malisow around trying to serve him for the lawsuit in Ohio. Holbrook claimed Malisow was the lynchpin in his whole theory of everyone conspiring against him (he just sounds a wee bit delusional with that one.) Then poof the Houston Press and Craig Malisow were dropped from the case. A very surprising development as Holbrook blamed Malisow's February 29, 2012 phone call to Huber Heights city official for his problems. That "strange phone call" was the focus of Holbrook's wrath. Malisow was simply busy researching his incredible expose on the Earthquest "Fantasy Land".

Fantasy Land | Houston Press

The Tribune, Cynthia Calvert and I were sharing a fabulous legal team including lawyers from Texas and Ohio that are top litigators. We sought and were immediately granted dismissal from Holbrook's fruitcake third-party suit. The Tribune, Calvert and I never discussed settlement with that nutcase attorney Holbrook was using and we would have never agreed to remove, retract or apologize for anything we published. 
    Don Holbrook
    3 hours ago

You are incorrect but I'm tired of your spewing misinformation we have a words for self righteous people like yourself... Wind Bags. You huff and puff and do it all to make yourself look and feel important. You also do so normally because you have no real life of your own. You're miserable so you want others to feel as miserable as yourself. I'm done having this dialog because you will go on forever... Especially since you have no life or job responsibilities. As the Australians say, "Full Stop."

soapboxmom1
    3 hours ago

+Don Holbrook
    I am going to make darn sure the taxpayers are warned and informed. And, I know exactly what the attorneys for Calvert, The Tribune and myself decided. We would never kowtow to Holbrook! We all know the Houston Press continued to write hilariously scathing articles about Holbrook after they settled out.

Don Holbrook
    2 hours ago

Yes we All know you will keep spewing the same nonsense into eternity... You poor miserable person. I should feel sorry for you, but I don't. You will keep crying foul play even when you are unequivocally proven wrong by facts... Not fiction. A lot of wind in your part of Texas... So watching out for housing falling from the sky. 

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Holbrook
    we have a words for self righteous people like yourself...
    So do we,

the words are "Mirror, mirror on the wall"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And, the sordid saga (TM) continues:

soapboxmom1
    1 hour ago

I have saved numerous people from getting ripped off by uneconomic schemes and scams without making a penny off of my work. What have you really done? The taxpayers in East Montgomery County, Pahrump, Huber Heights and other places I have talked too spent a great deal of money and they have NOT benefited from your exorbitantly expensive services.

And, as the journalists uncovered, you did not create 50,000 jobs with 100s of projects worth billions due to your work as an economic developer. Much of that had absolutely nothing to do with your development work. You were on a government sponsored loan committee. LOL!!!!
    http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/view...art=80#p170268
    Don Holbrook
    20 minutes ago

Wrong again no journalist has or can dispute my projects I've worked on and their economic impact. My work Pro Bono on the SBA for 8 years as a Member of the board of directors of the CDC and on the Loan Committee for 9 years is just as credible as your own claim. So if you dispute my legitimacy then you must disclaim your own.
    soapboxmom1
    1 second ago

+Don Holbrook
    But you have fraudulently claimed to your clients:

"Don A. Holbrook, Certified Economic Developer, (CEcD) Don Holbrook is a private practitioner involved in the major elements of site location analysis for major private sector investment projects. He specializes in public backed inducements and incentives that reduce the risk of new business investments. He has worked on over 100 projects representing over 1 billion dollars in public capital investment generating more than 50,000 jobs in his 17 years in the profession."

Holbrook claims to have "worked on over 100 projects representing over $1 billion...in capital investment, generating more than 50,000 jobs in his nearly 20 years in the profession." Profession = Economic Developer.

Approving loans is not at all the same thing as actually working on the project personally and being involved as an economic developer on these 100s of projects in question.
    Here is the current CDC board
    Board of Directors

Officers:
    Rick Benito of Bank of America Board Chair
    Bill Sommer of OneWest Bank Immediate Past Chair
    Joan Earhart of Pacific Mercantile Bank Treasurer
    Tyler Orion of CONNECT Foundation Secretary
    Julie Huston of U.S. Bank Assistant Secretary
    Kurt Chilcott of CDC Small Business Finance President & CEO
    Directors:
    Alan Aiello
    Evergreen Wealth Management
    Sheryl Cameron
    JP Morgan Chase
    Kristine Chung
    Security Bank of California
    Steven Doss
    Wells Fargo Bank
    Georgia Dutro
    Retired
    Heather Endresen
    Banc of California
    Cruz Gonzalez
    Retired City of S.D. Transportation Dept. Director
    Alan Mittleman
    ProGreen SLS
    Omar Passons
    Stutz Artiano Shinoff & Holts APC
    Kevin Palmer
    City of Riverside Public Utilities
    Wayne Schell
    Economic Development Services
    Jerry A. Schneider
    Retired and Philanthropist
    Mike Stull
    California State University, San Bernardino
    Steve Stultz
    Stultz Financial, Inc.
    Thomas Topuzes
    Thomas Topuzes and Associates
    Gary Youmans
    First Choice Bank
    So, to recap:

Serving on this board in no way is a result of his prowess as an economic developer. Folks from all walks of life sit on that board and decide on loans. He is a chair warmer. It is totally dishonest to lead clients to believe his skills as an economic developer led to 50,000 jobs being created or the billions in capital generated.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook1 minute ago (edited)

Thank you Heather Clarke Dobrott for creating a new chain of evidence to be used against you. My statute of limitations now has been renewed. This just as your other posts is yet again a show of your arrogance and malicious intent to financially harm my livelihood. Your time will come.

By the way, I don't believe you haven't profited financially from your blog. Your activity requires financial support, if it's not from the blog it must be from your IT industry husband. He is a collaborator I believe in supporting your malicious and defamatory behavior.

This guy is completely off of his rocker. I have never made one red penny from my almost decade of blogging to warn and inform consumers.

Love some Bunny! I do!