Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Freelancer.com withholds my money

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Freelancer.com withholds my money

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFreelancer View Post
    Hi Scratchycat,

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

I'd be very glad to help the people here. Just shoot me a message at support@freelancer.com. I may not be able to promise that everything will turn out positively, rest assured that I would personally look into each and every query that I would receive and do the best I can to help you guys.

Hope to hear from people here. :)
    Matt must have decided it would be better to use females to "personally" look into each and every query. I would suggest hiring thousands to take care of the thousands of complaints spread over the world through internet.

Hi Arunch. My name is Max and I'm also from from Freelancer.com. We appreciate the feedback. I'm helping my colleague Emir, with replying to user concerns posted at this site. It is unfortunate you feel this way about our site. I would like to help with your account concerns. Please send your username to max@freelancer.com and I'll help you resolve the issues around your account. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...87.html?page=2

While you are there, please read both pages... I am sure that will give you a really good start because I doubt that any of those cases have been settled.
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChaimS View Post
    Yeaaahhh... how nice to see another 'helpful' Freelancer.com's representative (after: Emir, Alaister, Max...)

So will ask a few questions. And will be asking them until I get proper answers:
    1. Why has Freelancer.com's personnel been outing my surname on purpose? This is intentional privacy abuse just unthinkable for any business dealing with it.
    2. Why have the complaining people been smeared by your company publicly? Why have I and Kent Mauresmo been accused of most preposterous behaviors without any proofs of those? What about Eccentric Blogger? Where are proofs this is a scammer? What kind of legit corporation defends itself by trashing the pissed customer on its official blog?
    3. Why had Freelancer.com sent me C&D e-mail within HOURS after I have reminded its CEO about existing copyright infringement even though my blog was up for like 4 months? Why have Freelancer.com lawyers misled me about "getting back to me in the beginning of 2013"? Why have I been harassed via phone and e-mail even though my private data was to be kept confidential?

And, finally, as one smart person asked on BH forum:
    What kind of customer service are you offering chasing the complaining people on forums where they complain? What if the person had been hurt by Freelancer.com but didn't have venue/will to complain publicly?

ChaimS, you have a lot of unanswered questions and I hope you get some good information and the help you deserve. I have observed how you have been trashed by this company along with many others who have sought to publically denounce them and tell how they have been cheated out of hard-earned money because of some last minute 'details' that required more personal information than anyone should know about anyone.

Of course you will not get the answers you deserve or want, you will get more C & D junk that people should ignore. If you have been ripped off by a company, a person has a RIGHT to let others know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jordan

May 2, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Someone that worked at freelancer.com put our account in verification I had about 600 in total escrow so I was basically pinned down cuz I needed to pay the contractor to make my client job get done so I have freelancer all info ssn birth certificate everything bank info and wow that’s pretty much when my life started tanking the customer service rep got into our company server and started extorting me and our clients the hackers got into our merchant account and started refunding customers their money he’s tried to open 10 to 15 banks across the us in my name and 3 to 4 loans , he deleted our company server and Database they have a team a Pakistan ppl here in usa and Pakistan I have his IP address when they took over my freelancer.com that’s how I know it was someone that’s works there. Anything you can imagine has happened freelancer .com will go down has the most insecure website on the planet buyer beware. But they do have good contractors just the customer service are crooks.

Freelancer.com Scam Artist 2012 | Build a Website | WordPress

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Scratchycat!

Would you mind tell Jordan to send me a message with his username and the relevant project? I couldn't find much information on the message that you qouted.

Also, the link you gave is now being handled by my colleague. But, I have already inform them that you have raised it here on our thread.

I'll wait for Jordan's username. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Scratchycat!

Would you mind tell Jordan to send me a message with his username and the relevant project? I couldn't find much information on the message that you qouted.

Also, the link you gave is now being handled by my colleague. But, I have already inform them that you have raised it here on our thread.

I'll wait for Jordan's username. Cheers.
    I find that very laughable. You are asking me to do your work for you? Whomever Jordan is they would be well-advised to not send you anymore information. Especially bank account numbers and personal information, which by the way, it is probably already on file since it sounds like they did work through freelancer.com. The message I QUOTED was from the link posted above which you copied. I am sure your colleague is right on it and will get it done!!!!

What is this "raised it here on our thread"? I simply did a Google search, found that link and quoted from the latest update. If it is online, it is public information.

Have any of you answered ChaimS questions or concerns of any of the 1,000's of complaints out there??

Nice of you to drop by and try to make claims that you are really going to help these people but as stated by another person, what you really need to do is PAY THESE PEOPLE THE MONEY THAT IS OWED TO THEM!! Until that happens and we see action by freelancer.com to change some of their policies, then I don't have time to waste on replying to your flimsy comments.

6. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post

What is this "raised it here on our thread"? I simply did a Google search, found that link and quoted from the latest update. If it is online, it is public information.

Have any of you answered ChaimS questions or concerns of any of the 1,000's of complaints out there??

Nice of you to drop by and try to make claims that you are really going to help these people but as stated by another person, what you really need to do is PAY THESE PEOPLE THE MONEY THAT IS OWED TO THEM!! Until that happens and we see action by freelancer.com to change some of their policies, then I don't have time to waste on replying to your flimsy comments.[/COLOR]
    What Scratchy said X 2!!! I hope this little stunt shows everyone who reads this thread what an unprofessional, dishonest, group of children you get when you deal with Freelancer.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

8. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Repeating my questions:
    1. Why has Freelancer.com's representatives intentionally and repeatedly compromised customer personal data?
    2. Why does Freelancer.com operates using stolen ideas?
    3. Why does Freelancer.com try to threaten the victim into silence?

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChaimS View Post
    Repeating my questions:
    1. Why has Freelancer.com's representatives intentionally and repeatedly compromised customer personal data?
    2. Why does Freelancer.com operates using stolen ideas?
    3. Why does Freelancer.com try to threaten the victim into silence?
    I gave this a little thought today and here is what I would expect at this point, especially if my company was completely run off the rails in such a corrupt fashion.

Matt himself would show up here, not an employee. Sorry Jenna.

Matt now speaking.

1. ChaimS, those employees have not only been terminated we are pursuing all available legal remedies up to and including filing police report # xxxxxx.
    2. We have engaged legal counsel to make certain that anyone who has sustained a financial loss as a result of stolen or misused data will be made whole without question or delay.
    3. Please see number 1, we take this very seriously.
    4. We have gone back and paid every disputed amount, plus interest in ALL situations where there is no fully substantiated complaint. The employees who played this game have been terminated and this will never happen again.

I humbly apologize for the criminal and unethical behavior of my organization, I except sole responsibility and will be working night and day to make things right for the people we have wronged.

Sincerely
    Matt

-------------------------------

That is the severity I see just based on your questions. People at Freelancer broke the law, and there is a razor thin chance Matt is not complicit. The fact that a CSR is showing up that can't even say she has resolved a few rather glaring problems is unconscionable.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

12. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What happened to Jenna?? Are they recruiting some of the bigger dogs to come tell us their excuses for stealing money from their members?

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Jenna?? Are they recruiting some of the bigger dogs to come tell us their excuses for stealing money from their members?
    Poof gone like Houdini. But I found some "greatest hits" over at the other site. The first comment takes some serious brass.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=135356&page=6
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=212798

freelancer2.JPG
    freelancer3.JPG
    freelancer.jpg
    freelancer1.jpg

15. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like the robots are taking a beating over there also!! Thanks for posting, I have not had time to do the rounds lately but did just get an update on one of the blogs.

ALTERNATIVES TO FREELANCER (DOT) COM

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the robots are taking a beating over there also!! Thanks for posting, I have not had time to do the rounds lately but did just get an update on one of the blogs.

ALTERNATIVES TO FREELANCER (DOT) COM
    As I wrote here:
    Llovizna: Is Freelancer.com a complete scam, or a partial scam?

...the big competitors and new kids in the town aren't asleep. And so far they aren't engaging in a major mistake... declaring a war on some of users.

More alternatives? This list is a bit outdated, but you can give it a try:
    50 Freelance Job Sites For Designers & Programmers – Best Of

Are you current customer of Freelancer.com? Read the testimony below and reconsider whether you still like to have any contact with such shady enterprise:

I also received notification from Freelancer.com about your account
    suspension. Frankly, I am somewhat confused as to what is going on,
    especially as I am a first-time user of the service.
    Not sure if I will use it again.

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, I just have been fooled by Freelancer again. Maybe my situation is not so critical because my account is not suspended, but I won a Logo Contest that was GUARANTEED, that means the contest holder already paid Freelancer for it and once the source files of the project are delivered Freelancer should pay the contest winner (me). Freelancer never paid me, when I contact support they said the contest holder must verify their account, that's something they don't tell you before you work on the designs. The contest holder doesn't answer me back so basically Freelancer stole my money. Is this kind of CORRUPTION common in Australia or what?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tell them you will expose it:
    Stay away from freelancer.com - Page 6
    Get a Hindu
    Get a Hindu: FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE - ASK THE MEDIA ABOUT FREELANCER.COM

2. File a report to ACCC:
    ACCC

Ask them your last question. This is Australian governmental organization so they should love to answer your last question related to the whole situation.

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LemuriaDesign View Post
    Hello everyone, I just have been fooled by Freelancer again. Maybe my situation is not so critical because my account is not suspended, but I won a Logo Contest that was GUARANTEED, that means the contest holder already paid Freelancer for it and once the source files of the project are delivered Freelancer should pay the contest winner (me). Freelancer never paid me, when I contact support they said the contest holder must verify their account, that's something they don't tell you before you work on the designs. The contest holder doesn't answer me back so basically Freelancer stole my money. Is this kind of CORRUPTION common in Australia or what?
    Let's just say, freelancer.com and matt barrie get away with it!

Sorry you also 'got taken'. I know I would not do anything for or with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freel...89318101158611

For those of you interested, the above is a recent FB page.

Another interesting blog:

Llovizna: Is Freelancer.com a complete scam, or a partial scam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New Comment about Freelancer.com.

Freelancer.com Scam – Part I : How $10 cost me $14000 – Among other misgivings and apathy of Freelancer.com Staff | Jumbled Mumbling & Fumbled Rumbling

August 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM said:
    They are an absolute bunch of scammers everyone, do not trust them. I am an Australian and they are a bunch of criminals. MY freelancer has just spent months developing something and has now finished. I have paid $1150 into Freelancer and he cannot withdraw the money. I am now asking for my money back so I can Paypal it to him and do the honourable thing for this poor guy. An absolute joke. I am taking this further and will let you know how I go.

Don’t use this website at all.

Hope these people will come here and leave comments also.

25. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure right now if the Eccentric Blogger was down for a bit since I rather lost touch lately. Well, it is back and Matt Barrie beware!

Hullo Again!!! | Jumbled Mumbling & Fumbled Rumbling

Post Thanks / Like

What makes me laugh about freelancer is when you see previous work screenshots,is that any proof that they did that?, no its not proof at all,they could be from anywhere,they need to implement something like the request to show passport in a photo with some code written on paper kind of authentication,or let the people who work for freelancer collect screenshots from the people the bidder did work for, dont let the actual bidder show the screenshots lol,that is asking for trouble.

29. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anddos View Post
    What makes me laugh about freelancer is when you see previous work screenshots,is that any proof that they did that?, no its not proof at all,they could be from anywhere,they need to implement something like the request to show passport in a photo with some code written on paper kind of authentication,or let the people who work for freelancer collect screenshots from the people the bidder did work for, dont let the actual bidder show the screenshots lol,that is asking for trouble.
    All I know is that if I were still doing freelancing, I would not get involved with freelancer. com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There have been some updates on more people being taken by the monster Freelancer dot com and I wanted to also post some here.

Tanas Alexandru Florin on November 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM said:
    Very carefully with this site !!! Now I’m lost $ 400 !!! I was paid by someone to sell a facebook group with many likes 30K.I was paid all right,but after one hour my balance was below minus $ -400.This customer have account for 40 per month Premium and i think it is a user that is part of staff,I say that because the project was not locked at the time of her (staff freelancer) but it was locked after all the transaction was carried through (after one hour) !!! When I published a project that was not under terms and conditions was blocked and put in pedding within max 5 min and NOW ??? why after more one hour ??? We highly recommend that you very carefully with freelance.com !!! I hope to be understood.
    Read more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update from Blog:

In case some of you had problems reading the interesting part:

Freelancer International Pty Limited is an Australian Proprietary Limited Company, regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Freelancer.com Pte Ltd is a Singapore Company, regulated by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Plendo Sweden AB is a Swedish company regulated by the Swedish Companies Office (Bolagsverket).

source: Stay away from freelancer.com

So the company suddenly ceased to be regulated by Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) or was it the paragraph that became ugly as far as website’s aesthetics is concerned?

What’s the big deal? Well, as you can read here: Australian Securities and Investments Commission - Our role

ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.

Some may say: Freelancer.com Is Australian corporate body, so it is automatically regulated. True, but such statement would be simply redundant. Especially when one removes the redundant part soon after one’s legal grounds got questioned.

When the facts described above are taken in mind, two options are left to be considered:

Freelancer.com hasn’t ever been regulated by ASIC (as financial authority) as it didn’t have to. In such case this governmental organization’s name had been used for illegitimate credibility boost. And this is called a confidence trick… or simply a scam.
    Freelancer.com should have been regulated by ASIC (as financial authority), did not care though. That’s a hard one as this would be not only a scam and illegal operations, but potential deliberate spoliation of future evidence as well.

A piece of mind for all the people who have dirty laundry in their closets:

If you do have something to hide, at least don’t bully and blackmail those who seem only to pass you by… otherwise you may attract some really unwanted attention.

Chaim

Posted 16th August 2013 by Chaim Kovalsky

Get a Hindu

Sorry, I have been unable to keep up with what is happening between freelancer and its clients (past & present) but it ties in with the emails I am receiving from Allen and Matt.

Hi honestme,

This is Matt Barrie, Chief Executive of Freelancer.com.

I am pleased to announce that Warrior Forum has joined the Freelancer family.

We are excited and looking forward to working with you to better support the community.

Allen Says founded Warrior Forum in 1997 and I’ve personally watched the community grow to over 730,000 members, becoming the world’s largest Internet marketing forum.

If you haven’t visited the forum in a while make sure you check out all the improvements that have been made at WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums!

We will be allocating substantial resources to further grow the site. We will be dedicating engineers to build features and customer experience specialists to interact with the community in order to understand intimately what you like. They’ll be working closely with the moderators moving forward.

The most important thing, however, is that we listen to you- the community. We’ll be going through the suggestions section and would love to hear more about your ideas and feedback.

Also please feel free to email me at matt@freelancer.com with any suggestions, ideas, and thoughts or just to touch base and introduce yourself.

Effective immediately we are making a few permanent improvements to pricing:
    * All WSO listings will now be reduced from $40 to $20
    * All War Room members will have their 20 year membership extended to lifetime, immediately. Moving forward new memberships will be $20 per year.

Thank you for your support of Warrior Forum in the past and I look forward to working with you to take Warrior Forum to the next phase!

Regards,
    Matt Barrie

What exactly does Warrior Forum do??

33. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on freelancer website from last 7 months. It was all going fine and I completed 2-3 projects successfully with excellent 5 star ratings when I put a withdraw request and with in 2 weeks Freelancer.com have started their so called verification process then the real image of freelancer has started to come out.
    Even then I comply on the same and On their request I have again and again submitted multiple documents from last 1 month for Id, address proof including Driving License, Bank statements, Utility bill, Government issued certificate but all of these documents are rejected without giving any proper logical reason while these documents are accepted by government including VISA processing etc.
    It seems they are preoccupied to steal my hard earned money as they have done with many other freelancers before. I found many articles on web and their current actions are again similar. There are no changes in their behaviors.

Please help me in getting back my money. Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cseabhilasha View Post
    I am on freelancer website from last 7 months. It was all going fine and I completed 2-3 projects successfully with excellent 5 star ratings when I put a withdraw request and with in 2 weeks Freelancer.com have started their so called verification process then the real image of freelancer has started to come out.
    Even then I comply on the same and On their request I have again and again submitted multiple documents from last 1 month for Id, address proof including Driving License, Bank statements, Utility bill, Government issued certificate but all of these documents are rejected without giving any proper logical reason while these documents are accepted by government including VISA processing etc.
    It seems they are preoccupied to steal my hard earned money as they have done with many other freelancers before. I found many articles on web and their current actions are again similar. There are no changes in their behaviors.

Please help me in getting back my money. Thanks !!
    Wish there was something we could do to help you csea... but all we can do here is inform and try to prevent this from happening at present. You people who are being ripped off by this company need to report it to proper authorities of your origin and also in Australia where their headquarters are. Google search is full of cases just like yours and for some reason freelancer dot com and Matt Barrie continue to get away with it. My advice is anyone who reads this is to stay away from this company and all its affiliates.

36. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post