Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blessing Gold Club

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    that's one funny ******* right there.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, that Privacy Act Notice is a joke!! Some others thought it was for real and posted it on their profiles.

snopes.com: Facebook Privacy Notice
    Last edited by scratchycat; 07-20-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: added a link
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Yes, that Privacy Act Notice is a joke!! Some others thought it was for real and posted it on their profiles.

Thank you scratchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baylee View Post
    Thank you scratchy.
    You are welcome! I really don't think there is ANYTHING private on Facebook or the internet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    LOL, any "cause of action" he has would necessarily need to be against himself since he is the one responsible for posting his personal information in the first place...! as stated and repeated many times, "ya can't fix stupid"!!!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

8. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been said by wiser heads than I, that security is only as good as the weakest link.
    And the weakest link in the Blessing Gold Club appears to be Michelle Orkline, without whose unwitting aid I would never have gotten access to the club's internal documents detailing who is sending stolen money to who.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I look close enough, I will just bet I can find some "friends" on there. I saw 2 posting on FB yesterday and tried to warn them. Will be back later after I check just how many are involved in this. Thanks for the info Professor & LRM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/groups/blessingsclubgold/

Just as I thought, many Adlanders are already members!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Members (24,479)

There are all the members minus pictures with children in them. Definitely time for a name and shame. Publicly promoting illegal activities on Facebook isn't too bright. YouTube is removing all cash videos they find. It is time Facebook clean up their cesspool.

Please go to the page and click on the gear symbol to the far right next to the words join group. Report it as spam / scam.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post

That's a good link to Snopes, scratchycat. Thanks.

I see that three of the four examples Snopes is sharing to illustrate the Facebook Privacy Notice myth before refuting it make reference to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).

Quoting the UCC is an act sometimes associated with purported "sovereign citizens," so I'd question whether the "sovereigns" somehow had a role in drafting and disseminating the Facebook Privacy Notice and whether people who do not understand they're being influenced by "sovereigns" have been drafted into helping them spread their misinformation.

The "sovereigns" have been drafting unwitting people into foreclosure-rescue and tax schemes, for example. In some cases, they've even been selling what purportedly are self-help legal kits that can result in harm to people who rely on them.

There is a case in Arizona in which a man charged with multiple murders started quoting the UCC to the judge presiding over his arraignment. Although UCC effectively is American code dealing with commercial transactions in the 50 states, it incongruously also has been showing up in courthouse pleadings in Canada. Some American "sovereigns" even have tried to advance their schemes by citing authority purportedly derived from the Pope in Rome. I notice that one of the Facebook Privacy notices also makes a reference to the Rome Statute. That's strikes me as just plain bizarre in the context of a purported privacy notice. Here's why:

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no doubt that the "sovereigns" have a presence in the cash-gifting sphere. So, if new enlistees in any of the "programs" are being advised to post Facebook Privacy Notices, they might want to question whether they are doing business with an organized group of criminals -- one that uses Facebook to help cash-gifting schemes go viral while at once trying to insulate themselves from prosecution with some sort of Facebook Privacy Notice.

PPBlog

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Members (24,479)

There are all the members minus pictures with children in them. Definitely time for a name and shame. Publicly promoting illegal activities on Facebook isn't too bright. YouTube is removing all cash videos they find. It is time Facebook clean up their cesspool.

Please go to the page and click on the gear symbol to the far right next to the words join group. Report it as spam / scam.
    SBM, how I wish it were so that FB would clean up its act but what happens (ask Ribshaw) instead of deleting the criminals, they ban the reporting account. I have reported several profiles and been okay so far but they had rather slap us on the hand than remove the bad guys. I support your request though, if we get enough complaints maybe FB admin will pay attention. Would like to try anyways.