Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1531

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    As of today, Friendswood has not sold the Earthquest property to Contour according to the county's land records. The price goes up incrementally every 6 months and will increase again on June 15th. The repurchase option expires on December 15 of 2013.

Why are we hearing absolutely nothing from Chris Brown and Frank "The Bank" McCrady???? Where is that genius of all things economic development --- Don Allen Holbrook???

Attachment 2252
    As to your first question......please feel free to insert Frank the Bank's now infamous slogan " We're working on it ." As to your second......our heroe is more than likely padding his resume' in anticipation of the next job opening as acting commissioner of the IRS. He does have plenty of experience in abusing and wasting taxpayer money. One could only imagine him salivating at the thought of what he could write off in THAT position!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

PDad,

How can you post that without reminding us to get out our shot glasses first???

Fantasy Land - - News - Houston - Houston Press
    McCrady's mantra for the evening was "moving forward." He said it so often that it would have made a terrific drinking game: Take a shot every time he said it. He said that residential developer D.R. Horton had already made an offer on the land held by the bankrupt Whitestone, and that he expected the judge overseeing the case to approve the sale, meaning the land might be free and clear for groundbreaking in 18 months. (D.R. Horton's spokesperson didn't return the Press's calls.)

Perhaps the highlight was when he assured the audience that while a $1,600 dinner at Chez Nous in Humble might look fun on paper, that and other expensive outings were actually high-pressure, cutthroat courtships wherein East Montgomery County was competing with communities across the country and had to do whatever it could to stand out.

At one point, he got a bit testy and suggested that, if the public thought he was spending too much money on travel and expensive meals in order to bring new business to the area, "We can sit in the office and wait for someone to walk in the door."

The thing is, EarthQuest would likely be in the same place — i.e., no place — if McCrady had just sat in the office.

McCrady gave no specifics or assurances, something that appears to have been deliberate. To wit, when one resident stood up and asked to confirm that McCrady had said he assured a groundbreaking in 18 months, McCrady was quick to correct.

"I didn't say, 'I assure,'" he said. "I said, 'We're going to continue to move forward.'"
    There it is. Take a shot.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PDad,

How can you post that without reminding us to get out our shot glasses first???

Fantasy Land - - News - Houston - Houston Press
    Silly me. I also forgot to remind everyone Sir Talks-a Lot is part owner of the Red Zeppelin Winery. His most important pieces of luggage whilst traveling to the Houston area were more than likely a 55 gallon barrell of Zep's finest and a suitcase full of wine glasses............nothing like polluting Froggy and the board's brains in order to make informed decisions on what to do with EMC's tax money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I had no idea Earth Quest had such problems. OP did a lot of homework here. Is Holbrook still on the team, released, or just sitting on the bench now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frankly My Dear... View Post
    Wow, I had no idea Earth Quest had such problems. OP did a lot of homework here. Is Holbrook still on the team, released, or just sitting on the bench now?
    Welcome aboard!

Frank McCrady couldn't get the East Montgomery County Improvement District board to budget a penny more for DreamQuest, so Holbrook's very lucrative cash cow is now dead. He can't suck any more Chez Nous fine wine out of this cow!!!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friendswood Development continues with plans to bring Tavola to East Montgomery County - Your Houston News: News

....Friendswood first purchased Tavola in June 2012 which is 1,564 acres divided by Highway 59. There are about 500 acres on the west and around 1,000 acres on the east side.

They started with a key focus on the land east of 59 where they will deliver their first phase of homes later this year.

The remaining 500 acres sits to the west of the Interstate is where EarthQuest, who has an 18-month option to purchase the land for development, is slated to be situated......
    Friendswood, as of June 5th, still owned the EarthQuest property and makes no mention of it being purchased anytime soon or at all for that matter. Chris Brown and Contour have only 6 months left in which to exercise their purchase option. I suspect the execs at Friendswood are falling off of their chairs laughing as they guessed all along they would never have to sell the property.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Above the law: America's worst charities - CNN.com

Don Allen Holbrook's run as CEO of the defunct EarthQuest Institute that spent 0% on charitable activities should be right at the top of such a list. The money went to Holbrook at $185 per hour, Deborah Thomas of the failed developer Marlin Atlantis at $135 per hour and then to Holbrook's buddies in the fundraising business under the moniker of Sage Fundraising that he knew from his days as VP of Stellar Fundraising.

Those that donated should be reporting that scam to the IRS and Texas Attorney General's office!

Love some Bunny! I do!

8. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Above the law: America's worst charities - CNN.com

Don Allen Holbrook's run as CEO of the defunct EarthQuest Institute that spent 0% on charitable activities should be right at the top of such a list. The money went to Holbrook at $185 per hour, Deborah Thomas of the failed developer Marlin Atlantis at $135 per hour and then to Holbrook's buddies in the fundraising business under the moniker of Sage Fundraising that he knew from his days as VP of Stellar Fundraising.

Those that donated should be reporting that scam to the IRS and Texas Attorney General's office!
    I'll second that motion. SCAMmy Davis Jr. and his CrapPack need to go down over that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contour’s Brown no-show at board meeting | Pahrump Valley Times

....One chief player connected to the project, though, was conspicuously absent from the proceedings.
    Contour Entertainment President Chris Brown, hired by the town to study and come up with plans for a new tourism destination, met with officials earlier Tuesday afternoon, but didn’t stay for the meeting.
    Board Vice Chair Bill Dolan said he expected Brown would attend the meeting after being a no-show for the previous meeting on May 14.
    “I met with him along with Dr. (Tom) Waters on Tuesday morning. I was under the impression that he was going to be there as well but I don’t know why he wasn’t there,” he said....More than $255,000 has been spent on the project so far.....Brown noted the importance of potential financial support that may be available through a collaboratively developed “Public Private Partnership.”
    The report listed several areas of potential revenues, including direct grants, loans, tax abatements and a Federal Direct Foreign Investment program known as EB-5.
    Town Manager Bill Kohbarger said yet another form of support from a Bill Draft Request (BDR) to the state legislature did not materialize this year.
    “The BDR that they had in the legislative session this year failed. They still have two years to tweak it and I think they will bring it back in 2015. You can’t do anything without the financing aspect. Somehow, some way, we are going to have to either partner with somebody or what I hate to say is ‘think outside the box’ and be creative in getting some financing....
    Chris Brown missed meetings in Pahrump and has been nowhere to be found in Texas either. He mumbled that nonsense about a “Public Private Partnership.” That is more Don Holbrook scammer speak. Brown can't get any funding lined up for Pahrump and it appears by the total silence on the subject here that EarthQuest is in the same boat. Unfortunately, Texas taxpayers are out millions and no answers seem to be forthcoming.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

IEDC 2013 Annual Conference | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | October 6-9

Once again not on the list of speakers. Isn't that a surprise! Ha!!!!

Attachment 1364

Mr. Holbrook and his Earthquest gang I would imagine are no longer welcome. Chris Brown, Frank McCrady and CEO Jeff Finkle look really stupid now.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

schtupid is as schtupid does...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The idiots at EMCID did acknowledge that there was a meeting tomorrow, Thursday June 27th. The person answering the phone did not know if Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment would be there. Another Facebook poster has reported that Chris Brown is expected. I doubt there is any good news for the taxpayers. The newspaper will be there as well to report on the meeting. If Earthquest had exciting news one would think Frank McCrady would have been publicizing this meeting, but there is nothing online anywhere about it. Yikes!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellow anti-Scammer detectives, the item is back on the agenda for Tuesday, July 9, 2013 board meeting.

16. Discussion and Possible Decision to receive and accept Contour Entertainment’s Phase II Interim Report #3, provide staff with further direction on this project and Other Matters Properly Related Thereto. (For Possible Action)

This is the link for the backup. It is to long to post here:http://www.pahrumpnv.org/images/uplo...kup_130709.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

The End of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis & Post Economic Recession

09TuesdayJul 2013

Posted by economicdeveloper in Economic Recovery

≈ Leave a Comment

Tags

Post GFC Economic Recovery

Finally we got some good news folks. I have been saying for several years that this post global financial crisis recession was more of recessionary transition than the government wants us to know about. There has been great debate about when it ended from Wall Streets perspective it has been over for a couple of years now. The government claims it never was a recession…well none of us buy that pitch. Tell that to the nearly 20% of our workforce unemployed and displaced over the past five years. They would tell the government to go pound sand. It has been pretty much a jobless recovery up until recently. So, finally we have some good news! The US economy has created more than the required 158,000 jobs per month that is needed to be ahead of natural job losses to attrition, retirement and layoffs. So this past month of June we created approximately 195,000 jobs the third month in a row our job creation has for the first time been above the 158,000 mark for three months in a row in the past five years since the meltdown in 2008. Now officially I will say we are really in recovery! That is great news. Now that does not mean that everything is fixed. It simply means that the economy is in a growth mode and that will lift consumer confidence and boost our belief that we can turn this corner. I have always said when we have three positive months of job creation we are then in the recovery mode. Well folks here we are the summer of 2013 and this half a decade economic storm is finally subsiding. Let’s hope it is not the eye of the storm and that in early 2014 we don’t get the brunt of the back end of the meltdowns final economic chaos. I must tell you I do believe that there is a greater than 50% chance that this could be the situation and we may slip back into a prolonged economic paralysis once the false hopes and temporary economic gains cease and the violent tail of this decade type perfect storm take a renewed grip on the global economy. I absolutely hope I am wrong and this does not prove to be the case. So for now I am rooting for us to be in full transitional recovery!

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: WEDNESDAY 0743

Contour report suggests town should incorporate

Posted on10 July 2013.

Town board members were slated to discuss the latest developments on “Adventure Springs” during last night’s regular board meeting.

Board members were to decide whether to receive and accept Contour Entertainment’s third interim report, which is part of the second phase of the project.

Adventure Springs is the proposed tourist destination approved by town board members more than two years ago.

According to the original contract dated May 6, 2011, this latest report is one of four that will be reviewed by board members as plans for the project slowly move forward.

To date, the town has already invested more than $255,000 on the project.

Board member Dr. Tom Waters said Tuesday’s discussion would help to determine the next crucial steps.

“I’m sure we will come up with some recommendations that are contained in the report and basically we will just decide on accepting the report. If we don’t accept the report, it’s like going to McDonald’s and ordering a hamburger, paying for it, and walking out without the hamburger,” he said.

In the report, Contour Entertainment’s Chris Brown provided a recap on how the project is shaping up.

He suggested that two failed attempts to pass an important piece of legislation created a setback.

“The 2013 session was from February 4 through June 3rd. During this session, the Town of Pahrump, in coordination with Nye County and an effort put forth by Front Sight Firearms Training Institute and Don Holbrook submitted a Bill Draft Request BDR 21-92 resulting in Senate Bill 337 SB337 being submitted by State Senator Barbara Cegavske on March 18, 2013. On April 13th, the bill’s fate was sealed pursuant to Joint Standing Rule No. 14.3.1, no further action was allowed. Basically, the bill did not pass. Mr. Holbrook made an additional effort to get it attached to another bill being passed as an administrative amendment. This effort also failed. The intended bill provisions cannot be considered again until the 2015 State Legislative Session,” he wrote in his report.

Brown was also quick to remind the board that the BDR attempt was not connected to the original contract agreement.

“The effort to support the BDR and to pursue the passage of this bill through lobbying efforts is not a part of Contour’s scope under contract. This effort was pulled out of our agreement prior to approval and was undertaken directly by the Town of Pahrump. We have recommended that this bill be supported as it would have provided ready access to state funding programs that are likely unavailable under their current implementation programs. Fundamentally, SB337 provided for some adjustments to allow access to state incentive programs that already exist for projects, districts, and zones for development support in locations within counties with populations of less than 55,000 residents. Naturally, this would include Nye County and the Town of Pahrump. In addition, it would allow certain adjustments to the current programs, such as allowing a Tourism Improvement District TID to be created within a Redevelopment Zone RZ ,” Brown said.

Brown noted that the ongoing power struggle between the town and the county must quickly be resolved amicably in order for the project to continue, let alone succeed.

He also uttered the “I” word when making his point.

“The discord between the Nye County Board of Commissioners and the officials of the Town of Pahrump seems to support the argument for the Town to seek incorporation as a city. This would provide Pahrump additional authority independent from the county. We would not expect the Town incorporation to be supported by the county, however, the majority of the Nye County residents are in the Town of Pahrump and the county should be doing everything they sic can to support and serve the needs of their people,” he said.

Town board member Amy Riches who was still a private citizen when the town contracted with Contour, said she believes that the project is dead.

“That BDR has failed and now the only way that they can raise funds for that property is to buy it outright from the BLM,” she said.

Town Manager Bill Kohbarger recently said that there are still some alternatives the town may fall back on now that SB 337 failed.

“They still have two years to tweak it and I think they will bring it back in 2015. You can’t do anything without the financing aspect,” he said.

Brown, meanwhile, provided a few additional thoughts on the tourism project’s fate.

“We were encouraged by the discussions we had with the town manager and town board members in Pahrump a few weeks ago at their enthusiasm to push forward on whatever initial steps may be possible. We will provide our recommended options to support this direction while we also strongly recommend the pursuit of resolution to the issues that have driven apart the county and town politicians,” Brown said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What part of Contour can't entice any investors is so mysterious? Grand Texas is well on the way.

Developers close on land for New Caney theme park | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog

EarthQuest and Adventure Springs appear to be DOA!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gee, one of the papers Don Holbrook sued and then had to drop the suit against has removed his lie-filled rant:

http://pvtimes.com/news/holbrook-my-...nity-viewpoint
    Page not found
    The requested page could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Enter your keywords
    Hilariously, the litigious goon's name has been cleansed from the site.

Isn't it lovely that I archived it for Donny boy??

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-alle...html#post28595

Wouldn't want any possible EarthQuest Adventures investors that get solicited to be left without the facts about the lying goons behind this total farce!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Holbrook thinks he is in the clear. This is the second post from his blog in one week. This gasbag asswipe thinks the economy is back on somewhat track.
    Who listens to this windbag blowheart anyway.

Capital Markets beginning to Thaw Out

13SaturdayJul 2013

Posted by economicdeveloper in Financing Business Development

≈ Leave a Comment

Tags

Financing new business expansion

Finally we are seeing some signs that business is growing again. We have had three months of positive job growth, defined as higher than 158,000 jobs per month. The debt markets seem to finally be making loans again, which has been the biggest constraint to getting our economy back on track. Recently I’ve seen renewed interest in financing new projects. Also requests for site location assistance for business expansions and relocations are on the rise. All in all these are good signs that our economy is really on the mend!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Gasbag has a new website

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief! How does she put on her makeup? With a trowel? And as for him....fugeddaboutit!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fjjm303 View Post
    Sir Gasbag has a new website

selling methane and methane accessories?

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    selling methane and methane accessories?
    HAHAHAHA!!!

Love it! Holbrook is tooting his own horn to himself. Notice the 1 lame comment:

1 Comment

Filed under Book discussion

Tagged as Holbrook books

One Response to Author’s website for books

• Pingback: Author's website for books / economicdeveloper
    I killed his link to his own site. So, after careful and very complex calculations I can say with absolute mathematical certainty that Hobrook has 0 / zero fans on his site discussing his latest flop of a book. The curse of Sir Gasbag in action!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Word has it, after numerous rave reviews of Sir gASSbag's latest best-selling masterpiece, he's been nominated for an honorary Masters degree from PU U.

27. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook's phony baloney bankruptcy just keeps dragging on with no monthly reports or juicy goodies:

Filed & Entered: 05/09/2013
    Motion to Convert Case From 11 To Chapter 7
    Declaration
    Notice of Hearing (IRS)
    Filed & Entered: 05/10/2013
    Hearing Sched/Resched
    Filed & Entered: 05/14/2013
    Request for Special Notice
    Filed & Entered: 05/29/2013
    Opposition
    Filed & Entered: 06/11/2013
    Amended Chapter 11 Plan
    Exhibit
    Disclosure Statement
    Exhibit
    Notice of Hearing
    Amended Chapter 11 Plan
    Filed & Entered: 06/12/2013
    Hearing Sched/Resched
    Notice of Docketing Error
    Notice of Hearing
    Certificate of Service
    Certificate of Service
    Minute Entry Re: hearing
    Filed & Entered: 06/17/2013
    Objection to Disclosure Statement
    Filed & Entered: 08/07/2013
    Minute Entry Re: hearing

11-27072-lbr DON HOLBROOK and LAURIE HOLBROOK
    Case type: bk Chapter: 11 Asset: Yes Vol: v Judge: LINDA B. RIEGLE
    Date filed: 10/31/2011 Date of last filing: 08/07/2013

Pending Statuses

Status Begin
    Date
    Time in
    Status
    # Status Set By
    Awaiting Confirmation 03/02/2012 528 days 69 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 03/16/2012 514 days 83 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 04/10/2012 489 days 89 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 07/19/2012 389 days 112 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 01/03/2013 221 days 133 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 03/05/2013 160 days 165 Disclosure Statement
    Awaiting Confirmation 06/11/2013 62 days 189 Disclosure Statement

I still want to know how he pays $35,000.00 a year for private school without having listed it and is able to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous while screwing all the creditors??????

Love some Bunny! I do!