Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freelancer.com withholds my money

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Freelancer.com withholds my money

epal on February 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM said:

They did something similar to me on april 2012, I had about USD 2500 from a project I had been working on very hard since january 2012.
    I’m from Argentina and USD 2500 is a lot in my country.
    Then my account and my employers account were both suspended. I had been a user of the site since 2006, with a considerable amount of good reviews and lot of succesfuly finished projects!
    I sent all my documentation and photos they requested, but my employer didn’t want to send the documentation because he didn’t trust the site (who could blame him).
    I started posting my case everywhere I could and I threatened them with legal action, my employer also helped me and sent very bold e-mails to their support system too. We finally, after more than one month, got to revert the payment to the client and revert the fees, and the client payed me by other means. I haven’t used freelancer.com since then.
    I see that you joined the site on november 2012, if you had read my posts before you’d have been warned!!
    Freelancer.com was a good site before 2009 when it was run by a swedish company.
    When Matt Barrie bought it he immediately added new fees and rose those that existed. He also began to buy competing companies so you didn’t have other sites to chose.
    The swedish site and logo were unattractive but I didn’t really care, it was super legit and trustable.
    Now it is pure marketing crap and they don’t respect your work and your hard earned money.
    How can you work on a site that doesn’t respect money earned from your hard work? I will never use freelancer.com again.

So my advice is, before compromising work or money check a lot first !!

Freelancer.com Scam – Part I : How $10 cost me $14000 – Among other misgivings and apathy of Freelancer.com Staff | Jumbled Mumbling & Fumbled Rumbling
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update:

Freelancer.com Scam – Highhandedness at its best

Posted on April 2, 2013

An act typical of Matt Barrie’s and freelancer.com’s tactics is that every time some one tries to stand up against them, they bash them down and ensure that people cannot unite against them. They also ensure that a lot of good press is bought to keep their image on an even keel. The use of SEO tactics ensures that they keep their results on the first page and all other pages detailing their scam in depth are relegated lower down in the search results. I must say these scammers do possess a cunning.

In a similar post in the recent past, Matt lamented on the non cooperation of the Australian government. However, what one needs to take a look at are some of the comments that he received on that post. One of the links is given below:-

Scumbag Comment

Matt, this is dedicated to you. I know that words do not begin to do justice to your actions, but here is a start…

I am not a person who hates people at the drop of a hat,
    Albeit I could have made an exception for Matt…
    But now I have come to understand this,
    It is not just SOMETHING which is amiss…

Wherever I go I find something new,
    Something wrong, something askew…
    Doesn’t matter whether you are white, black or brown,
    This site can make even Santa frown…

Irrespective whether you are on the globe,
    If you have money in your account your @$$ they shall probe…
    I am not after Freelancer.com because they ate my money
    I am after them because this sh*t is not anymore funny…

When you submit your documents to freelancer.com,
    They are safer than your high school prom…
    Your information will not be sold or bought
    It will pop up on the net as Matt, Anna, Emir or Valerie Scott…

Keep away from freelancer.com,
    Not only because everyone says it is a scam…
    Stay away because you will surely barf
    For almost all the employers, projects or support staff,
    Are all nothing but a sham

By the time you realize this and it is too late.
    Just remember it is the sin and not the sinner that you must hate.

Dear Matt Barrie,

Please do send us all a post card from hell because that is where you are going to end up for sure. You can buy all the good publicity on this planet, but I am not going to stop from publishing more details about your website.

Freelancer.com Scam – Highhandedness at its best | Jumbled Mumbling & Fumbled Rumbling

Sign the petition:http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/australian-government-stop-the-attrocities-of-freelancer-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More Freelancer woes! Alexa shows a downward trend in traffic and here are a few reviews:

alexareviews42013.jpg

Freelancer.com Site Info

Post Thanks / Like

The more I see about this "freelancer", the more I dislike it. At this point I can not find anything good that anyone could say about it.

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you Baylee and I would love to see more RS members get involved in this. Although no one will admit it but freelancer and Matt Barrie could very well be the problem that RS is experiencing with the Ddos attacks and other. If any of you would be so inclined to follow up on the posts made here and in other threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Thank you Baylee and I would love to see more RS members get involved in this. Although no one will admit it but freelancer and Matt Barrie could very well be the problem that RS is experiencing with the Ddos attacks and other. If any of you would be so inclined to follow up on the posts made here and in other threads.
    Unfortunately, the nature of the forum means we are going to be continually under some form of attack or another.

Given the ease with which cyber attacks can be carried out means it is probably unhelpful to allocate any sort of blame to any particular attacker or attackers.

IM(very)HO, unhappy HYIPers, named and shamed cash gifters, discredited business "owners," the "usual suspect" forum owners, common garden variety cyber vandals and bullies or a combination of any/all of them could be responsible.

As they say: "It's the cost of doing [scam]business"
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

8. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you LRM and so I understand it is very hard to determine just where they attacks come from, so perhaps I should correct my statement
    freelancer and Matt Barrie could very well be the problem
    to "freelancer and Matt Barrie could very well be ONE of the problems".

At least it got you over here to comment and our favorite Roo is in agreement!!

And Freelancer continues to steal money from their users...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baylee View Post
    The more I see about this "freelancer", the more I dislike it. At this point I can not find anything good that anyone could say about it.
    I spent more than thirty years of my life as an employment agent and met lots of employment agents who were dedicated to finding the right workers for their client's businesses. Recruiting free lance or contract or free lance employees is a different ball game. I loathe the majority of free lance agents who work off line. It must be more corrupt online

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    I spent more than thirty years of my life as an employment agent and met lots of employment agents who were dedicated to finding the right workers for their client's businesses. Recruiting free lance or contract or free lance employees is a different ball game. I loathe the majority of free lance agents who work off line. It must be more corrupt online
    There is no way I would commit to working for freelancer.com, it would much safer to flip burgers or work at a library.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tried to post this in the am but we get being 'off' (wish those hackers would go pick on another site), try Facebook, they have the means to fight back.

Here is a Blog that gives helpful information to those of you who are looking to freelance or companies offering bids to freelancers.

9 Clues That Your New Freelancing Gig May Actually Be a Scam | FreelanceFolder

9 Clues That Your New Freelancing Gig May Actually Be a Scam

I see red flags in the first 2 clues that are definitely part of freelancer dot com:

1.Fake Contests. While there are many legitimate contests, some contests are not on the up and up. Be careful of contests that require you to sign over your intellectual property rights when you enter. If you are considering entering a contest, consider the source. Is it a well-known organization? Also, remember that a legitimate contest will have winners.
    2.Phishing for Personal Information. Some freelance “clients” may actually be phishing for your personal information. Think twice about giving out sensitive information too early in the freelance job application process. And there’s some personal information that no freelance client ever needs to know.

Don't believe me? Go to their website and check out the "contests", then go search for those who have won those contests and NOT BEEN PAID!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Thank you LRM and so I understand it is very hard to determine just where they attacks come from, so perhaps I should correct my statement to "freelancer and Matt Barrie could very well be ONE of the problems".

At least it got you over here to comment and our favorite Roo is in agreement!!

And Freelancer continues to steal money from their users...
    BoggyBoy Fiedur could be another, Terry The Banker or Wan--- could be another, and it could even be Uncle Festa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

15. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like going from 5 stars to 3 in 2 hours to solidify problems with a company. I have chatted with a few people outside the US on Facebook and have strongly suggested they stay away from freelancer. It is sad, a lot of them seem to be honest people just looking to make extra money. Two people who spoke multiple languages I gave links to some sites that do translation. I am loathe to give any links as I just don't know. One guy did get an assignment that paid $75, in his country he makes about $1000 per month so not too shabby. I never heard from the other person so I can not report.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

17. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Nothing like going from 5 stars to 3 in 2 hours to solidify problems with a company. I have chatted with a few people outside the US on Facebook and have strongly suggested they stay away from freelancer. It is sad, a lot of them seem to be honest people just looking to make extra money. Two people who spoke multiple languages I gave links to some sites that do translation. I am loathe to give any links as I just don't know. One guy did get an assignment that paid $75, in his country he makes about $1000 per month so not too shabby. I never heard from the other person so I can not report.
    It would be great to do freelance work and to hire freelancers but since Matt Barrie took over freelancer and several other sites, getting paid for the work you do is highly doubtful. Maybe they will follow through with a few 'paid' deals but then they start charging more fees and having access to your PayPal account, they can withdraw without your knowledge. So many people who have completed the work and been paid have suddenly had their accounts 'frozen' and the money taken back. If the client complains they will be threatened with legal action. These are examples of complaints all over the internet.

Still waiting to hear from a person who said they were hiring through Freelancer...

Post Thanks / Like

Registered with Frelancer as an employer and made the mistake to pay them via paypal. they have subsequently made several withdrawals and refuse to deal with my requests for refunds. They owe me more than $200 and have a system to give you the royal runaround when you ask for refunds. They close the ticket and send you an email saying you did not respond to their requests within 24 hours so your dispute is closed. Never mind I reopened same request several times, even approached the matter via other channels, no luck. So, next step is to resort to PayPal complaints and of course spend several years online warning other people against them.

20. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeTee View Post
    Registered with Frelancer as an employer and made the mistake to pay them via paypal. they have subsequently made several withdrawals and refuse to deal with my requests for refunds. They owe me more than $200 and have a system to give you the royal runaround when you ask for refunds. They close the ticket and send you an email saying you did not respond to their requests within 24 hours so your dispute is closed. Never mind I reopened same request several times, even approached the matter via other channels, no luck. So, next step is to resort to PayPal complaints and of course spend several years online warning other people against them.
    I saw somewhere online in one of the blogs (will have to find it again) that some people are hinting of a conspiracy between PayPal and Freelancer. I have found no verification on this, it is just a rumor but worth looking into.

Your information sounds much like what I have read from many others whether you are a freelance employee or employer. Sorry it happened. Here is one blog you might want to comment in:
    Get a Hindu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Monday, May 13, 2013US $636 has not been paid by freelancer.com
    There many reports that freelancer.com is not letting its users withdraw the money they have earned. This is not done only to the freelancers but even with those who post projects - the employers. Among many many incidents here is one that mentions about ripping a user off.

This was reported by some one who wrote with the name (or pen-name) Festus Ndebele. As per the source, the freelancer lost his hard earned US $636 as the employer failed to respond freelancer.com's order to supply papers. additional papers.

The freelancer from South Africa describes that despite the fact that the employer was marked as verified by freelancer.com, later they said that without additional papers from the employer they will not let him get his payment.

Despite informing freelancer.com that the employer has his own wish to respond or not to respond. But in vain. even after 12 weeks the money was kept by freelancer.com. To read the full story you should go to Robert Matthew "Matt" Barrie and the www.Freelancer.com Scam - HPUB .

Freelancing Watch: US $636 has not been paid by freelancer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is interesting!!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013Der Untergang - The downfall; Not of Berlin but of freelancer.com!
    the world's biggest crowd sourcing market place is getting back what it payed to its users. A vivid infographic reveals that from more than a year freelancer.com's traffic is falling. Users are gradually abandoning the site. Despite it's frequent take overs of other market places, instead of a boost of traffic, it is facing Dawnfall.
    In a blog with the screenshots of traffic data from Alexa, it is shown that the site is losing its user's support day by day.The traffic chart testifies it's wrong doings and payoffs. What is more interesting is that a possible diffence against this bitter reality is rebutted by showing that even though freelancer launched separate domains like .au and .in, that does not explain this gradual fall of freelancer.com. The traffic chart shows that the traffic to the regional sites are no match for the main site.

It's worth understanding that bashing your family members cost you more than what your competitor could. Freelancer will understand this hopefully. Now here is the article titled "SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THE STATE OF FREELANCER.COM" to get the full picture - Get a Hindu: SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THE STATE OF FREELANCER.COM

Freelancing Watch: Der Untergang - The downfall; Not of Berlin but of freelancer.com!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are a scam site.....So far I have won two projects. Freelancer has taken my money and I have not heard from the employers after weeks of pms to them. When I contact freelancer.com support all they will say is no refunds. They do not protect their freelancers. Honestly, I think they award projects just so they can get the fees from the freelancer and rip them off.

The first project I was awarded, I was sleep when the award came. I made the bid at 9 p.m. My time and was awarded the project at 2 am my time. I woke up and accepted the project at 6 am. They say you have 36 hours to accept the project it only took me four. The project got reposted and they chose another developer in that after they chose me on the first post. I contacted support and they just said sorry, no refunds talk with your employer. I talked to them and they didn't do anything.

I said okay, lesson learned....never had an experience like this with scriptlance.com. It was a bad first impression with the but I decided to give them another chance. I was awarded another $30 project. I accepted the project and of course they took their fee right away. The employer has still not contacted me and I have sent many messages. Again they say sorry no refunds. It seems as if they make up these projects just to make money illegally and I pray their downfall will be imminent

Freelancer.com Reviews | SiteJabber Consumer Reviews of Websites

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Freelancer.com Scam – Failed Trap, Tomfoolery or plain Stupidity? | Jumbled Mumbling & Fumbled Rumbling

I admit, I was at a loss for words. The ‘Concierge’ department mailing me after all this time? How considerate of these B@ST@RDS.

That when these JERKW@DS had blocked my account many months ago and I have not logged into the site after that. They also publicly mentioned that the profile would be deleted ‘soon’.

Now, I am not interested in discussing whether this is just a trap that Matt Barrie’s team of expertly demented and mentally challenged advisers cooked up or it was just some tomfoolery on the behalf of a Mr. Albert Turner (who I am sure is as fake as Valerie Scott and Emir). Maybe it was just plain stupidity on the part of the self proclaimed messiah of the Australian IT industry of this century – Mr. Matt Barrie himself.

All I am interested in is replying to these scammers via this post – Whatever it is that you were trying to achieve via this email, please take it and shove it up your @sses you MOTHER F**KING SONS OF B*THCES,

Ciao

P.S. – Maybe Matt Barrie needs a handout because the traffic to his website is at an all time low now. Check out Alexa Rankings

Check the link above to see just what made this blogger so mad!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Comments: I employed a few people through freelancer untill the day they started to steal my money. They took money from my PayPal account for a good I never asked or signed for. I started a dispute with PayPal to get my money back which freelancer did not like, so they decided to substract the same amount again but this time from my freelancer account. So now I paid twice for the same good, which I never ordered in the first place. Then I looked for reviews on the internet and it became quite evident that they are stealing money from a lot of their customers. Of course there are people that can make a living though their website but the amount of people that get ripped of is just so high. Other outsourcing platforms have some bad reviews as well but these always regard problems caused by the users not the actual platform. In this case it is the company and policy behind the website that is a total scam.
    Facebook User's review for freelancer.com on Alexa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Freelancer is the worst company ever. They truly are the worst. I feel like shooting them rocketwhore.gif . They have blocked my money because my Employer didn't verify his residence address. WHAT!!?? What the h*ll!!

You bloody scammers why didn't you verify him before he was able to post a job and accept bid for it and even award the project? You are verifying him now when he has paid me you bloody retard scams. Why did you hold me for that? I verified my self what is my fault??

Are you really honest about verifying him or more interested about blocking some $$$? boom.gif
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=135356&page=6

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This one seems to sum up what freelancer.com really is:

Scam #1: Partial Payment Up-Front Scam

How the scam works:

Working freelance is a great way to earn money and work flexible hours. But freelancers have to be aware of the many scams that abound to take advantage of the nature of their work.

In the 'Partial Payment Up-Front' scam, the client will request a job to be done with a set budget. The client will offer the freelancer 30% up-front payment for the project and then the rest upon completion via a direct transfer to the freelancer’s bank account.

Of course, in essence, the freelancer has just handed the “client” everything they need to clean out their bank account.
    Freelancers for Hire - Employment Scams - Scam Detector

29. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

oh this is sad hopefully there's someone take legal action with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tommyosmena View Post
    oh this is sad hopefully there's someone take legal action with you.
    The main legal action seems to come from freelancer.com against its freelancers and those hiring freelancers. Many of these people have reported they have been threatened by freelancer.com to bring legal action against them.