Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: FTC vs. The Zaken Corp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FTC vs. The Zaken Corp.

Full complaint title:

"United States of America (for the Federal Trade Commission), Plaintiff, v. The Zaken Corp., also doing business as The Zaken Corporation, QuickSell, and QuikSell; and Tiran Zaken, Defendants (United States District Court for the Central District of California) Case No. CV12-09631 FTC File No. 122 3293"
    Link to complaint: United States of America (for the Federal Trade Commission), Plaintiff, v. The Zaken Corp., also doing business as The Zaken Corporation, QuickSell, and QuikSell; and Tiran Zaken, Defendants (United States District Court for the Central District of C

This is yet ANOTHER program targeted by the FTC that was part of Ripoff Report's so-called "Consumer Advocacy Program":
    Ripoff Report | Tiran Zaken - The Zaken Company | Complaint Review: 25937

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FTC vs. The Zaken Corp.

The 'consumer advocacy program' is just another scam in itself to get a positive review on that crap site. For someone who alleges not to delete comments and reports, I have seen A LOT of them disappear.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FTC vs. The Zaken Corp.

Tiran Zaken meets the FTC, this one does my heart some good. As some of our long time friends know my introduction to scam busting was through my get rich quick scheme addicted father, as long as I can remember he always had someone's "no money down" real estate book or "fast fortunes by direct mail" cassette tape seminar on his book shelf. But after he retired he had more time on his hands and as the scams when getting sharper, he wasn't. I've gotten thousands of dollars back for him in refunds but he's lost thousands more. I guess you can say it sticks in my craw.

Zaken was run of the mill scum. The secret of his longevity is he seldom took anyone for enough money to make it worth while to sue him. I suspect he avoided scamming people within driving distance to avoid small claims court and if you live out of state are you going to hire an attorney to get three to five hundred dollars back? I don't know for sure if I ever had the pleasure of yelling at Tiran himself, rumor has it whoever was in the office on any given day would be "Tiran" if a customer got angry. I knew the FTC's 72 hour "cooling off" period didn't apply to phone/mail solicitations but I had a friend record a Zaken rep describing their refund policy and played that for Tiran. After outlasting him in a bullcrapathon I did get my fathers money back. Tiran got even about three years later when he bilked my father on the same deal again but I didn't find out till a few months later.

So I'm one and one against Zaken, and now the FTC steps up to the plate.,....

Thanks for posting that JustTooMuchTime, you put a smile on my face.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post